Please note that this is a 3 month contract to hire position.
Maintenance Technician will undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of the Fremont Facility. This position performs maintenance tasks of great variety such as maintaining vacuum equipment, R.O. system, air compressors and all production equipment.
Required Skills: Vacuum technology, high temperature furnaces, strong electrical knowledge
- Overall facility maintenance (repairs to overhead lighting, restroom fixtures and plumbing, roof, and building exterior).
- Hazardous waste storage, disposal and maintenance, (picks up from satellite areas and monitors storage areas).
- Assist in the procurement of material safety data sheets for chemicals located at the Fremont Site.
- Updates and maintenance of the security system.
- Compressed gas cylinder inventory and procurement of.
- Chemical room maintenance and repairs.
- Work with Safety / TPM Engineer to correct minor action items that arise during plant inspections.
- First back up for ERT incidents.
- Performs routine maintenance on facility items such as cooling tower, R.O. system, evaporator, air compressors and all production equipment.
- Work diligently on all high vacuum equipment.
- Liaison for maintenance contractors.
- Support efforts to the development and implementation of environmental health and safety (EH&S) policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to environmental safety and handle all contact with appropriate agencies.
- Support company training programs for employees in areas such as hazardous materials handling, emergency response, and industrial hygiene.
- Support cross-functional safety committee and ensure appropriate root cause corrective actions are taken where health and safety hazards exist.
- Assist on maintaining metrics to track the level of safety within the site and drive efforts to continously improve upon them.
- Ability to utilize standard hand and portable power tools required.
- Proficient in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and general mechanics is suitable.
- Strong knowledge on Vacuum Technology.
- Strong knowledge on High Temperature Furnaces.
- Strong Electrical knowledge.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to assist in the movement of furniture, materials and equipment is required.
- Trained chemical handler, with the knowledge and understanding of Material Safety Data Sheets is preferred.
- Strong communication skills; ability to interface well with others.
Must be eligible to work on State Department controlled products (ITAR controlled).
All other Facilities/Maintenance duties as required.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Please reference job number 2366.