Managed Services Engineer
The Managed Services Engineer position is a primarily a customer-facing role with some internal responsibilities. This position engages with our Managed Services customers to design, implement, troubleshoot and maintain their IT Infrastructure.
The Managed Services that are in scope of this position’s responsibility primarily consist of Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup and restore.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for maintaining documentation of client networks and systems.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and application configurations.
- Create project plans, design, and implement simple to mid-level complex solutions.
- Level 2 and Level 3 Support for problems identified with systems, network and applications.
- Create and present technical specifications, requirements and equipment for supporting Business Applications.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Document process including expected schedule and steps to complete customer or internal application/network upgrades.
- Standard system administration duties including application/server patch and hotfix install, operating system problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc. using available resources.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas as needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration.
- Assist customer with developing testing plans for network and application updates, upgrades and patching.
- Assist with monthly reports, and recommendations for Managed Services Clients.
- Configure monitoring systems, develop associated complex management reports defined by their manager.
- Develop support desk, monitoring reports, and PowerShell scripts to automate complex manual processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an end user / customer facing IT consulting role.
- Experience with Windows 2008-2019, VMware, Hyper-V, Linux, Storage Technologies
- Experience with wired/wireless networks, PC and server virtualization software, application and network security, backup systems, monitoring systems.
- Network and LoB configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Microsoft Azure is strongly preferred.
- Microsoft Office 365, VCP, CCNA or other certifications a plus.
Initially remote, but on-premise will be required in the near term. Location is technically Chicago, but Rosemont / Des Plaines is best for planning purposes. This location does have easy access to CTA. Therefore, we can only consider candidates local to Chicago.
Unfortunately, we cannot work with 3rd party employers or candidates who now, or at some point in the future, require visa sponsorship.