A mid-market solutions provider, Centre Technologies specializes in infrastructure solutions including strategy, virtualization, storage, networking, security and collaboration built upon various technologies including VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco, Dell and HP to name a few. As a result of our unique approach, growth and experience in these areas of specialization, we also provide flexible, hybrid cloud computing services utilizing various technologies built in multiple Tier 4 datacenters.
Centre Technologies strives to be a client’s trusted advisor, to know the client’s business inside and out and offer solutions to issues small and complex, faced each day. We believe that our clients, our partners and our employees are key to our success and that these pieces combined make up who we are, Centre’s DNA.
The Consultant working on the Managed Services team would be focused on implementing and supporting various IT Infrastructure technologies as mentioned below with an emphasis on matter resolution, on-boarding of new clients, racking, cabling, installation and removal of hardware, verbose documentation of projects or tasks and other duties as assigned.
Role and Responsibilities
- Problem management and escalation of issues in a timely manner
- Prioritization of tasks and meeting of deadlines, excellent time management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and assessment skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player with outstanding customer service skills
- The ability to mentor and guide peers and assist teammates when skill set requires
- Entry of timesheets, expense reports and documentation on or before deadline
- Keep up-to-date on market trends, theory and new ways of doing things; embrace change
- Assist with change-management activities
- Prepare and deliver complete and concise documentation for all projects
- Present progress reports to immediate supervisor and or Project Manager (if so assigned)
- Help turn business problems into technical solutions
- Manage deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
- Participate in on-call schedule serving as initial level of escalation for compute, storage, backup, automation and virtualization issues.
Desired Skills and Experience
Experience / knowledge in the majority of the following is desired:
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and experience with Windows 7/8/10
- Basic knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2
- Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Administration tools (AD Users and Computers, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Basic knowledge of Group Policy Objects
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016 including mailbox moves, troubleshooting of common day-to-day issues, end-user configuration of ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Lync 2010/2013 technologies including basic troubleshooting of IM and presence, desktop sharing and mobile client connectivity
- Basic knowledge of various Citrix Technologies including troubleshooting of all or some of these technologies: XenServer, XenApp, XenDesktop
- Basic knowledge and experience with various VMware technologies including (but not limited to) troubleshooting of all of some of these technologies: vCenter Server, ESXi
- Basic knowledge and experience of data backup strategies including those based on physical and virtual server, workstation, laptop and tablet protections
- Basic knowledge of systems updates including mass security patch management
- Basic knowledge and experience with monitoring and assessment of system utilization and application performance
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and understanding of all layers of the OSI model
- Basic knowledge of core network infrastructure and various networking concepts including but not limited to DNS, DHCP, WINS, VLAN assignments, etc.
- Basic knowledge and experience with end-point protection technologies including local and hypervisor-based antivirus and antimalware real-time scanning
- Basic knowledge of various enterprise rack mount and blade server hardware such as but not limited to Dell PowerEdge, HP ProLiant and Cisco UCS platforms.
- Basic knowledge of automation including scripting, scheduled tasks, work flow design, mass deployment of software, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Linux based operating systems such as RedHat, Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo and SUSE
- Basic knowledge of regulatory and compliance policies such as PCI, HIPPA, HITECH Act, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- Basic knowledge of data loss prevention
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Microsoft Certifications MTA or MCSA strongly desired
- CompTIA A+ and/or Cloud+ certification strongly desired
- VMware VCA desired
- At least 1 year hands on IT experience