This Senior Software Developer role will provide technical expertise and leadership to the Commercial Operations team.
This role will be accountable for the overall technical delivery of maintenance and enhancements for multiple, large-scale technology applications, as well as the technical aspects of project work, for data warehousing technical components, analytics, web-based, Salesforce.com-based, and solutions based on a variety of cutting edge web technologies.
This role will be accountable for delivering and managing operational service SLAs for day-to-day technical operations.
This role will be expected to remain a leader and source of innovation for the team on new data integration, web and Internet technologies.
This role will be expected to bring in and master relevant new technologies as needed.
This role is expected to serve as a technical mentor and to model the expected behaviors and values of the immediate team and across the Commercial Operations organization as a whole.
This role will be expected to independently manage third party technology vendor engagements; to independently represent the team in meetings with internal and external customers; and to prepare and deliver presentations to senior and executive management from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have participated on multiple successful SFDC projects and multiple data warehouse projects and should have a thorough understanding of ETL tools, database engines, data design, reporting and analytics tools, and technical infrastructure.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as the candidate will work very closely with the QA team, Internal and External Consulting teams and Business Analysts.
Software Development Life Cycle knowledge and quality development are essential.
The candidate must work well in a collaborative team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Ability to create and manage work plans, timelines and accommodate multiple priorities is required including leading resources onsite and offshore.
• Technical Lead for all components within the Data warehouse and analytics platform.
• Leads the SFDC design and leverages both waterfall and agile development methodologies, providing oversight, conducting design reviews and establishing best practices for development team, as needed to complete deliverables.
• Leads the technical teams of DB/ETL/CRM Developers, providing oversight, conducting design reviews, establishing best practices and refining automated monitoring processes
• Leads the Data Analyst team with complex data analysis on raw and transformed data in data warehouse/data mart environment
• Works closely with the business users communicating design solutions, production support issues and anything relevant to the technical oversight of the role.
• Works closely with MDM team to interface MDM/Warehouse/CRM and BI Interfaces
• Ability to effectively lead and manage the day-to-day work assignments of onshore/offshore teams
• A proven resource in defining systems strategy, infrastructure planning, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
• Understanding complex ETL and data migration practices
• Desired to have worked on engagements to include IT transformation planning, portfolio assessments, new workload deployments, legacy migrations, security/compliance playbooks, infrastructure engineering, application modernization, TCO/ROI economic analyses, and operational integration
• Experience in incorporating AWS public cloud services into their overall architecture is required
• Preferred to have experience in best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud
• Hands on Big data analytics experience is required
• Biotech or Health Care work experience is preferred
• 2+ Experience of using Apache Spark and Hive clusters is required
• Experience of using Spark SQL is required
• Experience of using Scala or Python is preferred
• 10+ years relational database experience
• 5+ years’ experience with data warehousing implementations
• 5+ years’ experience with ETL implementations
• 2+ years Salesforce.com development desirable though not required
• 2+ years’ experience leading Agile methodology of project delivery
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please contact Jon Janco at 518.225.1901 or Jon.Janco@highpointsolutions.com