Job Title: Management Analyst
Location: Sterling, VA
Type of Employment: Full Time
Salary: DOE + full benefits
“As of June 17, 2016, we ranked 7th as one of the Washington Post Top 150 Workplaces”
““At REI, we are organized to deliver customer delight with empowered teams. We are looking for individuals who can work well in cross-functional agile teams. While you have expertise and experience in a particular area, you have the ability to collaborate with experts in other disciplines and have the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve the team’s mission.”
REI people rock! We're fun and diverse; we work hard and play hard. And we eat a lot, especially during the training sessions! When we see a gap, we fill it; when someone has an issue, we solve it for them; when our management team needs help, we are right there to support them. We care about our internal customers and we make sure we make a difference every day. We learn a lot and we learn fast in this ever changing and growing REI environment!
• We are seeking a Management Analyst to support our Science and Technology business unit.
• This individual will play a critical role in supporting the business unit leadership working closely with the program and project managers, leads and team members.
• Will occasionally interface with external customers. Provides support to the program in scheduling, coordinating, quality assurance/quality control, change management, financial analysis and reporting, communications, knowledge management, business processes, and adherence to standard processes and operating procedures.
• Needs to be a driver and team player with excellent communication and critical thinking skills, results-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal management oversight.
• Supports the leadership team in executing strategic initiatives and daily operations.
• This spans coordination and admin duties to content and thought leadership and contributor/facilitator in meetings.
• Provides support to the leadership team to track actions items, deliverables and progress against goals.
• Analyzes business or operating procedures to devise the most efficient methods of accomplishing work
• Facilitates and coordinates weekly/monthly Agile meetings
• Tracks, analyzes, synthesizes and communicates data (financial and other) and ideas to a variety of audiences. Must be able to tailor methods of communication to match intended audiences.
• Supports corporate activities: CMMI, ISO, corporate goals, corporate trainings.
• Monitors timekeeping policies and procedures for corporate teams.
• Provides guidance for training and orientation of new corporate employees
• Serves as the liaison between a variety of teams. Able to identify themes and trends which surface during these interactions.
• Must be able to then present these topics to the leadership team in a concise and coherent manner.
• Administers program tools such as SharePoint, Wiki.
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Work Experience/Required Skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail, quality and professionalism
• Ability to work well in team environments of varying composition, personalities, roles and responsibilities
• Professional etiquette and ability to interact with professionals and executives in both industry and government
• Exceptional oral, presentation and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
• Punctual, consistent and able to meet deliverable deadlines
• Problem solver and strong critical thinking skills with strong ability to work alone in areas of core competence with minimal guidance
• Willingness to share information, train and be trained, mentor and be mentored with executives, peers and subordinates
• Able to participate in confidential meetings and maintain the preservation of confidential materials.
• Experience in MS Office Suite (specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint) and ability to master similar productivity tools. Experience in MS Excel reporting and tables.
• Experience with knowledge management and collaboration portals, such as SharePoint, Wiki desired
• Experience in CMMI a plus
• Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
• A bachelor's degree in business, Information Technology, communication, or related discipline.
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience
45335 Vintage Park Plaza Sterling, VA, 20166