Management Software Architect Senior Principal Engineer – Austin, TX
Why Choose Dell's Enterprise Server Group? See for yourself: https://youtu.be/Vh6PqxlbWgE
Join Dell EMC, the world’s largest start-up, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Dell EMC is seeking a Software Architect in the Server Solutions Division to help accelerate our growing Converged Infrastructure (CI) and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) business. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Dell’s CI and HCI solutions based on PowerEdge servers directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. As a Software Architect, you will work with CI and HCI Engineering teams, Server Development teams, and partners to define and develop Dell management software that automates deployment, lifecycle management, and daily workflows.
This position is a software architect role that will focus on driving the strategy and architecture for software enabling simplified management and orchestration across CI and HCI solutions based on PowerEdge servers. The responsibilities include:
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Converged and Hyper-converged solution management.
- Obtain in-depth understanding of internal and external partner software stacks and common workflows.
- Drive technical management strategies and definition for integrating Dell EMC IP into Dell’s product offerings.
- Drive management and orchestration strategy to enable Hyper-converged SDS solutions management within PowerEdge Systems Management offerings.
- Conduct proof of concepts for integration of new features / technologies.
- Lead software architecture and design for internal software development teams responsible for developing Dell value-add management across our C I and HCI offerings.
- Evangelize our CI and HCI management strategy and value to customers and other parties at Dell.
- Some travel required to meet with partners and customers.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 10+ years’ relevant experience.
- Knowledge of scale out storage technologies including NAS, iSCSI, Object Storage and HCI SDS solutions.
- Knowledge of scale-out, distributed cloud computing solutions such as Hadoop, OpenStack, and Microsoft Azure Stack.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as ESXi, Hyper-V and KVM
- Understanding of Hypervisor and Server Systems Management practices within an enterprise data center.
- Strong software design and programming experience.
- Prefer experience with open source contributions or community engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player. The ideal candidate must thrive in a team-centric environment
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
One Dell Way Round Rock, TX, 78682