About the role
We are looking for a highly talented strategy professional with exceptional problem solving skills to join our Networking & Security Business Operation team. You will be responsible for driving strategic and operational initiatives across Cisco’s largest business division, the Networking & Security Business Group (NSB), and occasionally for initiatives that touch the whole company.
What makes this business operations and strategy team unique in contrast to other opportunities? Here at NSB Business Ops you will get a much wider exposure to the strategic and planning process than in most other companies. You will see our projects in all of their stages: from initial strategic idea to full implementation. We are closely aligned with the product management organization and give direct strategic guidance to top management.
You will work on complex problems and gain insight into strategic issues which are shaping the industry and are top of mind for our executive leadership team. If you see yourself as one of Silicon Valley’s future company leaders, this role is fit for you.
From infrastructure to software and services, you will become an expert on the products and trends that shape Cisco’s portfolio and the marketplace. You will work closely with Cisco’s product, engineering, finance, marketing and many other teams to influence product vision, provide insights into market trends and business performance, be part of the force to enable Cisco’s business model transition and next generation of enterprise technology.
· Manage projects focused on key strategic initiatives for Cisco, including one-time special projects as opportunities arise
· Formulate long-term strategic priorities and plans, analysis and recommendation related to emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive dynamics and internal business performance improvement
· Conduct primary and secondary market and customer research to anticipate market needs, features, and functional requirements from which the product, engineering, technical and development teams can design, build, test and implement new products and offerings
· Support NSB annual, and quarterly corporate planning related business performance reviews and deep dives
· Maintain confident, well informed point-of-view to challenge conventional or entrenched views
Great business acumen and exceptional strategic thinking skills
Collaborative and open style which is pro-active and service oriented
· Strong analytical and critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
· Excellent communication skills – extensive experience with presenting data-supported business cases to top executives
· Can-do attitude, ability to quickly get up to speed with complex new topic areas, and capable of driving insight to tangible action plans
Strong project management skills, including ability to think-end-to-end and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Occasional domestic and international travel is required 4+ years of experience, preferably in the high tech industry, of which 2+ years of experience in a top-tier consulting firm, corporate strategy, financial services, or comparable function
· MBA degree from a world class institution
· Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.5)
· Quantitative, or Science/Engineering undergraduate degree (e.g. business, finance, economics, science, engineering, or a related field)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.