Vanguard plans to open a new office in the Dallas-Fort Worth region in early 2022. In alignment with Vanguard's dedication to making advice more accessible and affordable for investors, the new location will be dedicated to supporting all aspects of our growing advice businesses. This location will supplement Vanguard's hardworking roster of advisors and advice-focused crew and offer leadership and development opportunities that continue to enable crew to best support our clients. As one of the first IT crew to join the Dallas team, you'll have a unique opportunity to help lay the groundwork for this exciting expansion.Ready to grow your career?
We all have questions when it comes to money. From how we maximize your retirement income to knowing the appropriate investment strategy based on your goals - it can be a lot to think about.
We are looking Manager, Application Engineering Leads in our Personal Advisor Services IT organization to design, innovate and deliver technologies for our advisors and clients to give them the best chance for investment success.What you will do
Who you are
- Inspire, grow and manage your group of developers through peer-coaching, training and mentoring
- Spend about 60% hands on coding and 40% people management
- Work closely with agile teams, product owners, stakeholders and PAS product families to ensure we deliver world-class advice features and capabilities for our clients
- Advocate and advance chapter standards and best practices in collaboration with other chapter leads and chapters
- You care about developing and growing people to bring out the best in them
- You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring development teams with a proven track record of delivering software
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- You have 5+ years of software development experience, in multiple languages / stacks, testing, test automation, continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines
- You are interested in new trends in software development and technologies
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.About Vanguard
- A passion for building software is required
- Expertise building modern UIs using Angular and Node
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot CI/CD pipeline tools
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes experience preferred
- Problem-solver, and a player coach mentality is highly desirable
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.