Great opportunity for a step-up candidate, someone looking to move perhaps from team lead into a more senior-level position. The right Business Analyst may also be able to make this jump. To do so, you will need demonstrated leadership experience – coaching and developing employees to achieve optimal results. You don’t need to know our specific systems (JDE, ADP) but should have examples where you brought and implemented good technical solutions. Lastly, you work well with the business knowing these relationships and your ability to solve their problems will drive business performance and results. Behind you will be a strong technical team who with your coaching may develop into your eventual replacement when you take the step.
The "formal" description follows but complete the apply process so we can start the conversation.
The Manager, Business Applications will provide technical oversight for all applications used by the Financial, Procurement and Human Resources departments within the company. This role will be in charge of a team of Information Technology (IT) professionals and third party services that maintain existing, as well as, collaborate to introduce enhanced functionality within the administrative systems area of the company’s application portfolio. This role reports directly to the Senior Director, North America Applications.
The Manager, Business Applications will oversee all technical activities required to support the administrative systems within the company:
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution
- Participates on all relevant hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts
- Represents the IT function at customer review meetings when appropriate
- Directs education programs for her/his staff
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
- Performs salary administration, performance evaluations and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within IT and at least 2 years overseeing technology activities associated with administrative systems
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills
The Manager, Business Applications acts in a leadership role and must demonstrate the following attributes:
- The ability to lead, enable and motivate teams by providing advice and guidance in a nonjudgmental fashion.
- Openness to and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes and technologies.
- Good understanding of project management techniques/methodologies
- A focus and passion for customer experience
- Outstanding communication abilities
The Manager, Business Applications must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- Proven experience as IT Manager or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Knowledge and exposure of Financial, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Sales processes within the battery manufacturing and distribution industry with the ability to influence cross-functional business partners is a plus
- Experience with JD Edwards World ERP is a plus