This position requires strong technical abilities. A good candidate will have both practical and theoretical knowledge of high reliability power systems. This position will be responsible for having a detailed knowledge of electrical installation in both 1500 Eckington and 60 Florida installations, how they need to be maintained, manage internal and external vendors performing preventative maintenance and service. This position will be the lead electrician for all power systems install and changes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, monitor and repair all facets of primary owned and leased infrastructure including, electrical systems, mechanical systems, building automation and plumbing.
- Review, manage and operate all monitoring systems including BMS, electrical power, fire panel, generators and batteries.
- Support and consult with corporate facilities, engineering, operations and/or security while participating on cross-functional teams.
- Conduct periodic surveys and makes recommendations to enhance capabilities and/or correct operating vulnerabilities.
- Oversee third party contracts and ensure compliance to specifications and terms.
- Implement and supervise preventative maintenance programs for all electrical switchboard, distribution systems and mechanical systems. Maintain inspection records.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree and/or trade school and/or comparable field experience in critical systems environment.
- 5+ years of experience supporting data center or comparable critical environment.
- This position is on call 24 x 7 and must have flexibility to travel.
- OSHA 10 training or equivalent safety training.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule when needed, i.e. deployments, hot months, emergency call, off shift, vacation coverage.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb up and down ladders, and engage in similar physical activities as necessary to access all areas of facilities to operate, repair and maintain.
- Able to maintain professional demeanor and make decisions within job responsibilities/scope in the high pressure environment that is typical of a critical systems environment.
- Project Management skills.
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high-profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Understanding of commercial building power generator/switchgear/ATS and UPS systems. Familiarity with Liebert UPS, Square D electrical gear, ASCO gear, generators a plus.
- Familiarity and understanding of building monitoring system operations.
- Knowledge of commercial electrical, mechanical systems and facility operations.
- Knowledge in AutoCAD and ability to read MEP drawings.
- Operating and implementation abilities on Building Management Systems and CMMS.
- Ability to perform troubling shooting on critical system elements.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).