At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Information Systems Security Manager 1 to work at our Dulles, VA location.
This Information Systems Security Manager will supervise a team of Cyber Information Systems Security professionals. The team performs assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment, or enclave, and will identify where those systems and/or networks deviate from the acceptable configuration, enclave policy, or local policy.
This is achieved through passive evaluations, such as compliance audits, as well as active evaluations like vulnerability assessments. This position will help the employees establish strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. IncludIng:
- support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and r elease, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., JSIG (primarily), NISPOM (DAAPM), ICDs), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Assessments and Accreditation activities, technical or coordination activity and prepare the Body of Evidence (BoE) and including updating the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) as required.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Ensure the management/coordination with classified programs on the design, testing, and implementing of state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, database products, firewalls, and network architectures to meet government classified Cyber Information Assurance compliance requirements.
- Ensure environments remain compliant and all associated systems/networks achieve and maintain formal accreditation authorizations from government agencies.
Establish an inclusive culture within a diverse environment, and will be responsible for the following:
- Perform as the Manager and supervise a team of Cyber Information Systems Security (CISS) Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and Information system Security Manager (ISSM) Professionals
- Foster an environment for individual development, effective performance management, open communication, financial management, and utilization
- Establishment of a strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining formal Assessment & Authorization of systems
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e. DAAPM, JSIG (primary), ICD-503). This may include project management.
- Ensure the team follows Northrop Grumman and the Cyber ISS organizations policies and procedures, making sure that all information is accurate and complete in support of those policies and procedures
- Support the formal Security Assessment process required by the company or government customer
- Effectively communicate with program management teams, the Enterprise Services Program Management Office Team, the Information Technology Organization, and Industrial Security
- Assist in the interview and selection process of new employees
- Master's degree with 3 years of experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience is required
- Must have a current DoD 8570 IAM level III security certification (examples: CISSP, GSLC, or CISM) or be able to achieve one within 6 months of the hire date.
- Must have project management experience, or must have previous experience managing, supervising, directing, or leading individuals
- Must have a current DOD Top Secret, SCI security clearance with an original adjudication, or a periodic reinvestigation, completed within the last 6 years in order to be considered.
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Access Programs as a condition of continued employment
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree Information Assurance, 5 years of experience in Cyber Security, and 1 year of management experience, leading a team of Information Security professionals
- In-depth knowledge of the Special Access Program classified system accreditation process (JSIG) and a basic understanding of the Intelligence Community Assessment and Authorization process (ICD-503) would be nice to have
- Current SCI access level, with ability to obtain SAP/SAR access level
$108,700 USD - $163,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.