At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Cyber Information Systems Security team is seeking a first level (Level 1) Cyber Information Systems Security Manager
to lead a team of Information Systems Security Professionals in Colorado Spring, CO.
A diverse classified information systems security/information assurance background is required, including the Intelligence Community assessment and authorization process (ICD-503), Special Access Programs (JSIG) and DoD collateral (NISPOM and DAAPM) processes.
The team performs the information systems security statement of work for classified programs and their systems and networks. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments. Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and support obtaining assessment and authorization of systems. Responsibilities include oversight and/or support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
As a working manager, you will be expected to provide direct program support and provides management oversight for the team. The role will ensure compliance and achieve and maintain formal authorizations from government agencies. Ensures the management/coordination with classified programs on the design, testing, and implementing of state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, database products, firewalls, and network architectures to meet government classified information system compliance requirements.
The successful candidate will establish an inclusive culture within a diverse environment, and will be responsible for the following:
- Effective team management to include fostering individual development, performance management, open communication, financial management, and utilization
- Ensure strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and support obtaining formal Assessment & Authorization of systems
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e. DAAPM, JSIG, ICD-503). This may include project management.
- Support the formal Security Assessment process required by the company or government customer
- Regular and routine communication with key stakeholders including, program management teams, the Enterprise Services Program Management Office, the Information Technology Organization, Industrial Security, internal and external customers
- Master's degree with 3 years of Information Systems Security experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with 5 years Information Systems Security experience is required
- Must have work experience in the one or more of the following areas: Department of Defense Special Access Programs (DoD SAP), and / or Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) programs
- Must have a current DoD 8570 IAM Level II (or higher) security certification (examples: CAP, CASP, HCISPP, CISM, CISSP, GSLC, CCISO); OR must have the ability to obtain the certification within 6 months of start
- Candidates must have a current DOD Top Secret level security clearance, to include SCI access level eligibility based on a closed investigation date that was completed within the last 6 years, in order to be considered
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Programs as a condition of continued employment
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree in Cyber Security, Information Security, or similar STEM related discipline, a CISSP, and 5 years of ISSO/ISSM experience with RMF as a lead or ISSM
- Prior leadership, or management, experience is highly desirable
- Diverse classified information systems security / information assurance background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience communicating with customer and program leadership
- Active SCI with prior SAP/SAR access is highly desirable
$98,800 USD - $148,200 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.