DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we are building the nation's first stand-alone could-based open RAN 5G network.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are a mid-sized Data Science and Engineering team looking to expand as we make a bigger impact on our Sling TV application. DISH is looking for a passionate Engineering Manager
to lead our Machine Learning Services team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to continue the growth of personalization within the Sling app.
If you have a sense of adventure, take pride in solving complex data problems, and strive to build the best products on the planet, we want you on our ML Services team at Sling TV!The person in this role would:
We are seeking people who are passionate about:
- Lead a team of motivated Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Software Engineers
- Build cohesive, high-functioning teams that thrive in a culture of trust and respect
- Balance autonomy with guidance by giving your teams the tools, context, confidence, and motivation to make decisions effectively and independently
- Ensure teams in different time zones maintain strong connections and collaboration
- Have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads to make design decisions
- Partner closely with the team's Product Manager to define the team's short-term and long-term goals
- Initiate collaboration across Engineering teams to identify dependencies and collaboration opportunities
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Have a vision for scaling the structure of the team as ML expands across the organization
Skills, Experience and RequirementsRequired Skills and Experience:
- Collaborating with data scientists and data engineers to make a big impact
- Staying in-tune with the ML community and encouraging the organization to utilize cutting edge technologies to innovate and invent solutions.
- Having an impact on 2.5 million customers with innovative data science products
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience with Python and associated data manipulation, statistical, and visualization packages
- 1+ years' experience managing and/or mentoring junior team members
- Knowledge of core statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis
- Experience leading engineers at all levels while coaching and guiding your employees through their career development
- Experience with building and deploying end-to-end ML solutions that deliver product value
#LI-ZM1 Salary Range
Compensation: $85,905.00/Year - $136,190.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.