Our client in healthcare services has just promoted their Manager of Database Systems so they are looking for his replacement! This is a salaried, direct hire position in West
This is a hands-on manager role largely responsible for providing operational database (MS SQL Server DBA) services to the organization. The Manager, Database
Administration is responsible for the day-to-day governance and performance management of the DBAs and systems owned by the IT Operations team. This role will develop
and implement the strategic direction; manage database systems by implementing policies and procedure for ensuring the security and integrity of the company*s databases.
The ability to coordinate projects between internal departments and manage strategic planning is required.
Responsibilities include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents, and fulfilling requests; reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups,
maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database alerts and escalations, and working
with development teams to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
*Responsible for strategic and tactical management for MS SQL and Oracle systems. Manages and coordinates the day-to-day planning, design and maintenance of servers
*Accountable for developing annual and continuous improvement plans for DBAs.
*Establishes standards and procedures for all Database systems owned by IT Operations.
*Define and ensure daily operational tasks needed for optimal database performance and stability are carried out by the DBAs.
*Seek ways to actively improve the stability, performance, monitoring, security, and backups of Database systems.
*Write and maintain database documentation, requirements and standards, communicating them to development teams and others as appropriate.
*Define Database *Gold Standard* for platforms and environments.
*Participate in project planning and scoping, change management, and capacity planning.
*Work closely with all IT teams and business groups to manage customer satisfaction and direct investigation and remediation of service level breakdowns.
*Recruit, develop, retain and motivate a team operating at a high performance level.
* Education: Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, or related Engineering discipline or years of experience.
* At least five years of experience supporting MS SQL Server technologies.
* A basic knowledge of Oracle database technologies.
* Experience with data replication and mirroring technologies
* Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ experience is a big plus.
* Technologies and skills: MS SQL Server, Visual Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and TFS.
* Database design and implementation experience * OLTP and OLAP database schema design, stored procedures, XML, FileStream, FileTables, etc.
* DB administration experience - Managing geographically dispersed databases. Database monitoring. Database setup, configurations, and tuning, Hot/Cold backup and
* Tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, etc.
* Disaster recovery - Active/Active, warm standby, other DR setups.
* Some exposure to SQL Azure and Cloud Based services.