Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Leads and manages the digital product team acting as the day to day manager; first point of escalation and day to day approval for implementing strategies designed to improve the digital customer experience and conversion. Ensures that the Digital Experience team develops and/or converts organization and departmental business strategies and translate those strategies into actionalable roadmaps to ensure the digital product team delivers high-quality digital customer experiences. Advises stakeholders and the broader organization on aspects of the digital customer experience by ensuring knowledge, support, and training to enhance members' digital journeys.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Leads the day to day management of the Digital Product team members. Works closely with business units and product managers to translate business strategy into digital product roadmaps that drive digital capabilities that meet overall business goals. Maintains constant communication with the business stakeholders; product managers and owners including IT and vendor stakeholders to ensure delivery progress against their assigned digital capability roadmap. Works with and partners with key business stakeholders to remove any impediments that require business stakeholders' input to ensure prompt delivery by IT and vendor partners.
- Delivers best in class customer experiences by leveraging a good understanding of user experience techniques and user-centered design. Provides leadership for Product Manager and Product Owners as they retrieve website and customer data to gain in-depth understanding of how customers use digital interfaces and how the UX experience can be improved. Provides supports and strategic guidance into the development of journeys that drive measurable benefits, as set out in business cases, and working through the full project lifecycle.
- Ensure that digital product roadmaps that drive the scope and priority of content and website investments backlogs managed by Product Owners tie into roadmap value drivers. With the input of key stakeholders and support from analyst, insights and customer experience team embers develops and sets business performance metrics and other analytical measures. Ensures success criteria built by Product Manager and Owners, for key product epics and corresponding features leverage meaningful metrics and drive continuous improvement of assigned products and processes.
- Challenges the status quo; champions the digital experience across the organization and encourages actions that align with customer goals and needs. Champions Agile development methodology transformation across the company through contribution to Agile education initiatives and communicating agile principles to executive audiences. Monitors the application of Agile principles across product teams.
- Ensure the digital team, product managers and product owners partner with stakeholders to ensure websites are properly optimized with the implementation of SEO strategies and build the product roadmap to ensure timely delivery of key initiatives. Defines, creates and manages the product discovery, intake and roadmap runway prioritization process for key business capability. This process captures, evaluates and prioritizes all proposed ideas, products, services, and enhancements against key business value criteria for assigned area. Ensures Product Owners and key business stakeholders are aware of the value drivers and Return on Investment (RoI) and Return on Experience (RoX) for the digital product roadmap and is incorporated into product owner backlogs. Partnering with the digital analytics team ensures delivery of optimal UX results by continually testing and tracking digital experience journeys, usability and value propositions that produces growth plans that drive results.
- Serve as technical and process mentor for staff, ensuring optimization of skill set enhancement. Evaluate the performance of each team member, generate development plans, and set goals within the context of the corporate policy. Develop a realistic action plan to improve employee satisfaction. Develop and communicate organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results. Build organizational talent by creating a learning environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education Level:
Bachelor's DegreeEducation Details:
Business, computer Science or related fieldExperience:
5 years experience leading matrix digital product management teams utilizing agile development methodologies with 2 years translating business strategy into digital product roadmaps.
1 year supervisory experience or demonstrated progressive leadership.In Lieu of Education
In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Preferred Qualifications
10 years combined product management; agile delivery; program management and/or portfolio management experience
Strong aptitude for defining short and long-term product pipeline strategies
Strong analytic, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated experience with progressively increasing responsibility in the health care environment, Health IT, or related industry and/or advanced education in related fields and 5 years of leadership experience. Entrepreneurial experience in the health care services industry preferred.
Experience with Design Thinking or Human Centered Design ProcessesKnowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Proficient in CMS and web management tools (e.g., CSS, HTML, PhotoShop)., Advanced
Knowledge of Google Analytics, Web Master Tools, and Tag Manager., Advanced
Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines., Advanced
Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships., Advanced
Demonstrated depth of digital product knowledge and ability to influence business strategy., Advanced
Possesses strong communication and influence skills within reporting line as well as with IT and business peers., AdvancedEqual Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before: 9.4.21Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship