Manager, Digital Transformation Architecture Work you'll do
Support the Digital Transformation Office in an effort to help the IRS "be digital". We're seeking an experienced Manager for a digital architecture team. This candidate will work in tandem with several highly experienced lead architects and subject matter experts, and direct a team in performing technical analyses, market research, prototyping, and Enterprise Architecture modeling. The ideal candidate has strong core consulting skills, including PowerPoint, problem solving, team leadership, communication, planning, and ability to lead junior practitioners in a fast paced, ambiguous environment as well as a strong capacity to augment their existing technical domain content. Ideally, a candidate will be architecture "savvy" and/or have experience with concepts such as conceptual architecture, logical architecture, system-level architecture, cloud technologies, digital data / content management capabilities and end-to-end flow, and data management concepts and techniques.
This role requires the following experiences and capabilities:
- 1) Understand the existing IT system of systems architecture,
- 2) Review study plans and develop design solution recommendations, based on the current architecture, and document review and final solutions in workflow diagrams,
- 3) Coordinate review and discussion of the solutions to ensure that impacted stakeholders are aware of the roles their systems perform and expectations with respect to the data developed, understand the implications, and agree to a final solution,
- 4) Given solution options, evaluate existing interfaces between systems to determine whether new interface control documents need to be developed or to be updated
- 5) Understand the study plan managers' data requirements and ensure that final meet their expectations and conform with applicable data governance considerations, including security and privacy concerns.
- Additional responsibilities will include the update of existing program architecture and supporting documentation as required and additional program management support as needs required.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
Qualifications - External Desired Skills
- Applies system and software architecture based on software development and production operations experience to make daily operational improvements with automation and applies leading ITSM/DevOps practice
- Has experience with operating 20+ year old legacy systems and modern software platforms
- Experience in architecting system analysis, software changes and integrations across multiple technologies (e.g. Oracle Forms, Cold Fusion, Oracle Apex, and Java, Angular Web Applications)
- Creative thinker and analytical problem solver with keen ability to resolve issues under the pressure of fast-paced, time-sensitive environments.
- Decisive, energetic and focused team leader/player who guides team members through analyzing, defining and recommending enhancements to systems, infrastructures, and business processes
- Has strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills who effectively interacts with all types and levels of clients to forge and maintain collaborative long-term relationships
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- 8+ years of experience in digital architecture
- 2+ years of management experience, including people and process
- Experience across the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Prior consulting experience and/or experience in or with the Federal Government.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future