iDirect Government is a leading ground systems provider to the military satellite industry. We offer platforms connecting a variety of satellite constellations with an array of hub and remote terminal products. Terminals are installed on aircraft, maritime vessels, and other ground-based military and government assets. These terminals provide internet and voice connectivity to remote and austere locations where traditional ground and cellular based infrastructure is unavailable. This position is based in Herndon, VA.
We are looking for a team player with strong managerial skills to lead a multifaceted engineering development team. This individual must have a solid technical background with working knowledge of DevOps, security, and test automation. In this "hands-on" technical management role, this person will work with the engineering management team in an Agile methodology to schedule, design and implement requirements to support the company?s defense product roadmap. Candidates must exhibit a strong learning curve, capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Good communication skills, great problem solving skills, and the demonstrated ability to lead teams effectively are also required. In this management role, one must plan for the development and training of the engineering team, maintain a positive work environment, and establish clear and efficient development methodologies. More than anything, this role of Manager is to champion a culture of collaboration and excellence that will allow the team to thrive and be successful.
In this role the individual will be responsible for managing engineering activities and personnel for the iDirect Government development team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Build, mentor and maintain a strong/collaborative team that interfaces properly through the iDirect Government organization.
- Management of the engineering talent pool through training, career planning, and growth opportunities
- Working with the Senior Director of Engineering and Technical Leads to efficiently implement features on the iDirect Government product roadmap
- Development of process and procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the team within an Agile development environment
- Assisting with resource planning and cost estimation of new product features
- Ensuring delivery of feature specifications, design and unit test documentation and associated design reviews according the development process
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Define goals and priorities for team members and review their performance.
- Leading design and code reviews to ensure high quality solutions
- Triaging new bugs and field issues
- Assisting the Senior Director of Engineering in creating/maintaining the environment to attract, hire and retain top talent in the industry
Education: BS/MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- 6 years of related development or management
- Leading development efforts in a dynamically changing environment
- Working knowledge of CI/CD, automation environment
- Proven skills in technical decision making
- Experience with AWS build system configuration
- Familiarity with software version control systems, Git is preferred
- Experience of government security certifications
- Agile development experience
- Experience with inter-process communications in a multi-threaded multi-core environment.
- C/C++ object oriented design and development
- Experience with Linux/Unix system programming environment
- Knowledge of communications and/or networking protocols
- Knowledge of embedded software design
- Experience as a Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Must be able to work in a fast paced development environment
- Must be able to analyze and solve technical problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have brisk learning curve
- Must have the ability to motivate a highly proficient technical team to a common goal
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Must be able to communicate (oral/written) effectively
- Must be able to work under pressure
Clearance: Active DoD clearance or ability to obtain a DoD clearance
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.