Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
The Technical Plan Manager is the FEPOC internal Plan Champion, ensuring that Plans contacting the Customer Advisory Services team with an issue are heard, their issue understood, and appropriately addressed in a timely manner. The area of responsibility for the incumbent includes monitoring and oversight of FEPOC processes, from a customer experience perspective, and working with the functional areas to improve the overall BCBSA Plan experience. Reporting to Director of Customer Advisory Services, this position is responsible for business leadership in defining business requirements for FEP products that will support current and future needs of the FEP program. Incumbent must have experience in Claims and Customer Service Operational areas within large healthcare payer organizations. Participates in strategic planning exercises with senior management and must be able to develop multi-year roadmaps for the evolution of FEP products and services. Understand and track the overall business change to the customer and work closely with Business Change Management (BCM), the product organization and others to prioritize and mitigate the risk of that portfolio of change. The incumbent is responsible for annual resource and budget plans for up to 10 associates and contractors.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Technical Plan Manager accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Serve as a strategic partner for FEPDO and BCBSA Plans. Analyzes client specific account data and interprets information and work with FEPOC executive management, FEPDO, and BCBSA Plans in the development of a meaningful strategy to address complex client needs.
• Works with Account Managers to identify and understand clients’ healthcare information needs.
• Provides guidance to the FEPDO and BCBSA Plans in the operational and technology interpretation of reports and projects for BCBSA Plans to understand their technology integrations, and provides programmatic recommendations regarding optimal solutions and services that address identified strategic business objectives.
• Assist in the creation of Strategic Integrated Roadmaps with BCBSA Plans assigned to them so they have visibility into the change being introduced and driving the adoption of new solutions and services.
• Coordinates and monitors client feedback and recommends appropriate strategies, tactics and operational initiatives to continuously enhance client satisfaction.
• Meets regularly in face to face meetings with clients, and creates ad hoc reports, as requested.
• Serves as the functional subject matter expert for FEPOC solutions and services during presentations or key account meetings.
• Works with other members of the FEPOC to ensure the right information and messaging is provided to our internal and external customers.
• Effectively articulate feedback from the Plans and the FEPDO.
• Identifies opportunities to partner with BCBSA Plans and Vendors in evolving FEPOC portfolio of solutions and services.
Lead supporting Advisory Services staff assigned, including Customer Analysts, and CRM developers responsible for driving Customer Satisfaction on behalf of the FEPOC. Assist in establishing a Plan 360 view to drive a customer centric culture within the FEPOC. Facilitate Plan operational issue resolutions working with internal delivery teams. Assist the Project Manager responsible for tracking and reporting on Plan Adoption and System Migrations.
Expert at presenting business operations, and technology information and articulating FEPOC’s value to the Customer. Works closely with other areas of the FEPOC and the FEPDO to ensure the client messaging and direction are in line with functional areas of the organizations, and represents customer strategy and solution requirements to those functional areas.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in health-care related field, or information technology/data analysis required.
• Minimum of 6+ years of progressive management or leadership experience preferably at the Manager level and within a health care setting. Within those 6+ years – a minimum of 2 years of consultative experience with demonstrated ability to influence senior staff, and diverse employee populations.
• 4+ years of experience in healthcare analysis and/or technology consulting with client contact at the middle to senior levels of the organization, and demonstrated business development skills
• Proven analytic and problem solving skills
• Exceptional presentation skills with professional delivery
• Excellent knowledge of healthcare terminology, healthcare operations and technology, managed care concepts and preferably FEP specific technology in use.
• Demonstrated ability to act as a credible source to convey complex healthcare technology solutions and services information/ideas, within the healthcare business case context and FEP strategic direction, in an easily understood manner to guide audience
• High attention to detail
• Proven effective written and interpersonal communication skills, well organized, ability to multi-task and work independently, promote flexibility and teamwork Strong PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications
• Willingness to travel (National and U.S. Territories travel required)
#LI-CS1Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before: 6/14/2020Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship