The Manager, HRIS is responsible for the data system related to the Office of Human Resources. This includes vision, leadership, project coordination, and management of the system. Also, the position handles systems upgrades, data gathering, data integrity, configuration, new systems integration, and collaboration with ITS on other departments regarding data and systems.
- 3+yrs Project Management
- 2+yrs HRIS/Data Management
- 3+yrs ERP experience
- Bachelors Degree
Responsible for the records function for the Office of Human Resources:
- Oversee all areas of hard copy and electronic employee records for classified and classified employees.
- Lead the creation, editing and overall management of the scheduled, metric report issued to the University Board of Trustees.
- Develop, design, oversee, and manage records policies and procedures.
- Acquire and maintain expertise in human resource systems and records processing trends.
- Work with Budget Directors and others regarding the high-level status of position management
- Provide direction of employee data administration for ease of retrieval of data to be used for decision making
- Serves as a manager within the Office of Human Resources
- Responsible for the submission of the "all employee" HEI annual file to OBOR
- Mid-level to high level involvement in upgrades, installations, configuration of system and oversight of the documentation of processes and procedures
- Participates in strategic planning and analysis of OHR and campus strategic initiatives
Project Management and Execution in collaboration with ITS and others:
- Understands the components of running a successful project
- Ensures critical issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Takes input from management and appropriately applies comment/feedback
- Identifies resources needed in accordance with project schedule.
- Communicates project requirements to management and project resources
- Minimizes exposure and risk to BGSU
- Facilitate project meetings.
Organizational Data Administration
- Perform configuration in the HCM system for HR/Benefits and Payroll
- Understand the business process management and the business requirements of the Campus Community and translate them to specific requirements of the HCM application and/or BGSU's operations.
- Extract, analyze and evaluate information from the system through the creation and execution of queries
- Design and execute test scripts and test scenarios and evaluate the outcome from the execution of the test scripts.
- Human Resources functional lead for upgrades, implementations of new components and/or business processes.
- Investigate and identify alternative solutions (work around) for identified issues/gaps in HCM system and BGSU operations
- Direct entry of data into the system for payroll, records, and benefits; direct and design data integrity verification queries
- Direct document business processes and procedures for data entry into HCM and for execution of BGSU's policies.
- Support data workflow from HR/Benefits for Payroll processing and reporting
- Reviews business practices and processes as it relates to the system, suggest changes for increased efficiency/effectiveness
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents for development projects and user interface guides for the end user
- Collect and analyze business requirements for transfer to development team
Directs the liaison role for Human Resource and Payroll in systems related actions, including:
- Develop relationships with other offices in the campus community to foster ties
- Effectively communicate with the Graduate College and Student Employment Services to discuss issues and/or solve common problems
- Suggests changes to policies and procedures both within Human Resources and Payroll. Notifies Payroll Manager or Chief Human Resources Officer of suggested changes to other departments, such as, the Graduate College, and Student Employment
- Coordinate with the campus community to test, validate and evaluate new applications or business processes
Other related duties, as assigned
- Attends applicable meetings that apply to the HCM system and integration of other university systems, campus events, conferences, etc.
- Support office functions in areas of hiring, employment, benefits, compensation, training, records and payroll
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, genetic information, religion, or sexual orientation.