Manager, IT Operations
Our direct client in Westchester County is seeking a Manager, IT Operations for immediate hire! In this role, the IT operations manager oversees and directs the day-to-day activities of the organization’s IT department, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. The manager will lead a team that manages and implements networks and servers and monitors system stability and performance.
Additionally, the IT operations manager provides guidance and leadership to the IT department and its technicians, but also directly supports end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues. The IT department supports a business that operates 24/7.
The successful candidate will work with minimal supervision providing updates proactively and establish themselves as a leader within the IT organization.
RESPONSIBLITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Manage the company's IT Infrastructure, across all its affiliates in North America.
- Develop and manage the IT operations team, including hiring, training, evaluation, coaching, and development, allowing the team to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices.
- Ensure the availability and the effectiveness of the IT solutions, meeting or exceeding business needs.
- Oversee IT projects through successful inclusion in accordance with the Master Plan.
- Work with peers to determine the operational environment for new applications and solutions.
- Contribute to the development of corporate standards.
- Manage internal and external suppliers and other resources
- Be the key IT point of contact with key stakeholders in the business and educate the business in the values and constraints of IT.
- Ensure that IT practices and solutions comply with existing laws, regulations, IS governance process and internal controls.
- Closely collaborate with the organization’s Regional and Global Information Technology Competency Centers as well as with Global Information Technology teams.
- Monitor IT Servers and Systems using internal tools and/or recommend tools to ensure proactive monitoring of the health of the environment.
- Direct IT Technicians to directly support end users and to assesses current technology needs. Since the organization requires 24-hour IT support, the operations manager will develop and implement technician schedules to ensure appropriate support.
- Develop Department Policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably. This will include developing service level agreements (SLAs) for incident response.
- Resolve Help Desk Escalations if IT technicians are unable to successfully resolve a user’s issue. The IT operations manager will assess the situation and devise a solution to the problem, which could include equipment replacement or repair if the problem is related to the end user’s hardware or software.
- Negotiate Vendor Contracts with IT service providers.
- Oversee Upgrades and Installations to streamline the upgrade process, monitor the system to ensure that it remains stable and usable, and maintain data security through the migration process.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, networks, operating systems, telephones, software applications.
- Manage servers, and network hardware equipment.
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure vendor and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
- Oversee systems enhancements and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Extensive hands on experience with software and hardware, including servers and networks is critical
- Architecture and Design – This position requires broad knowledge of technical best practices to plan and deploy new solutions.
Day to day leadership skills
- Team leadership – able to effectively manage IT personnel and set department priorities
- Escalations to external teams
- Prioritize work of system engineers
- Receive escalations from Level 1 and 2
- Process enhancement – develop and implement policies and procedures for the IT department
- Communication skills – strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization
- Problem-solving skills – this role requires excellent problem-solving skills, especially when it comes to directly addressing user issues with software, hardware, and servers
- Budget management – Will partner with the IT Director to oversee department budgets and capital expenditures
Complexity & Problem Solving:
- Strategic, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, especially in managing IT operations
- Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where applicable).
- Interpret guidelines and analyze factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through or acting as a resource to assist others.
- Excellent project management skills required. Previous demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, and organize diverse stakeholders to achieve business results required.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Work and communicate with a wide range of people – senior leadership, peers, vendors, staff members including program leadership, and others.
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion. Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills, good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail required. Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal and motivation skills and be a team player.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non- technical audiences required.
- Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others.
- Establish relationships with peers, external teams and business partners.
- Ability to work on a fast-pace-always-evolving environment
- Ability to effectively manage time and multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Professional attitude, enthusiastic, and reliable
- Ability to lead and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to develop roadmaps containing sequencing of IT solutions working towards the achievement of the business strategies. (3-5yrs)
- Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT work experience including managing team(s) responsible for network and server infrastructure. Experience in managing support operation in a 24×7, multi-site environment. Experience with budgeting, expense management and contract management.
- Knowledge of current trends in the IT field.
- Strong support and troubleshooting of IT Infrastructure
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
- Fluency in English.
- Demonstrated progressive career growth and team leadership of senior system engineers.
Travel up to 25%
Please send your updated resume for immediate consideration! Looking forward to hearing from you.