Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers around the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
Come join our IT team that helps ensure our applications and technology can deliver the capabilities to support our growing banking operations, as well as support our expansion roadmap. You will work closely with cross-functional business, IT and vendor teams to ensure we are delivering the right-sized solutions to meet current, future and long-term needs in support of our banking product processing and continuing expansion efforts.
You will be part of the Credit Risk group and responsible for overall delivery of solutions and software aspects including research, design, technology insertion, development, testing, deployment and sustainment. The role will be focusing on developing the solutions working closely with partner resources and onsite/offshore team members. The role also is responsible to manage a group of resources comprising of developers and systems analyst, guide the teams in the development and delivery of various IT solution being used by our commercial banking lending teams.
The role is a hands-on role with primary focus on development and delivery of Credit Risk applications. You will oversee the contributions of the teams towards the building and enhancing existing capabilities, oversight of software development procedures, management of team assignments, schedule & budget etc. Essential Duties
- Provide development leadership (Architecture, Design, Development) for medium to large sized projects and maintenance on our client facing online and mobile banking systems.
- Hands-on design, develop, test, document and deploy applications using Java, react, node, .net etc for both onPrem and AWS environments
- Lead a team of software engineers and system analysts
- Provide hands-on guidance and leadership to team; provide mentorship and promote career development of team members
- Promote team collaboration towards software engineering best practices and adherence to processes
- Can-do attitude and available for the team members
- Guiding the teams to adhere to the enterprise architecture guidelines
- Work with management to build project budgets, schedule and backlog
- Work closely with program managers and other technical managers to define and plan development projects
- Experience building and maintaining large software platforms (i.e. Salesforce.com, Appian, AWS)
- Hold team accountable for compliance to all SVB standards, policies and procedures
Nice to have:
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related engineering discipline
- 8 - 10 years of experience on software engineering
- 3 years managing an application engineering team
- Strong mentoring skills and ability to define the career development plans for the team
- Ability to collaborate and influence the peer groups and deliver solutions in matrix environment
- Ability to analyze and drive solution for production issues
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs (XML, JSON).
- Required to work in overlapping/shift hours as required
- Working knowledge of Jira or similar tools
- Strong understanding of design principles, technically scalable data modeling, and development best practices
- Develop accurate estimates on level of effort for timely project execution
- Assure quality in all code entering the code base
- Comprehensive experience on debugging and troubleshooting
- Self-starter who has ability to multi-task in dynamic environment
- Take responsibility for end-to-end solution delivery
- Good experience and knowledge of database and database integration tools
- Customer-focused attitude (Internal)
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Experience implementing solutions using Agile/Kanban/Iterative delivery methodologies
- Implementation experience with SAAS/PAAS based solutions.
- Experience in utilizing SSDLC
- Experience with Moody's CECL platform
- Knowledge with enterprise integration services/solutions
- Prior experience with regulated financial organizations