Blueprint RF, a division of Cox Business, is a leading provider of technology solutions to hospitality clients. Built around a team of leaders with deep industry experience and client-focused innovators, the company provides complete network solutions to meet the full, and evolving, needs of hospitality properties, staff and guests. Blueprint RF has earned an excellent industry reputation for quality network design, solid delivery and support services, and continuous innovation. With a combination of customized solutions and first-class client service, Blueprint RF brings businesses and their staff closer to the guests while improving the experiences of all.
Cox Communications is now hiring a Manager, Network Engineering that will be a Leader of Enterprise Data Network Engineering Team (incl. 802.11n/ac/ax WLAN). The Manager, Network Engineering will manage an in-house team of engineers and delivering enterprise LAN/Wi-Fi networks at hotels and other public venues (installations located throughout the US and Canada).
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Overall responsibility for the company's network designs and network installations
• Coordinate and manage activities of the company's engineering team and oversee programs to train and manage technical field resources and other third-party TechOps partners.
• Primary interface responsible for network related services carried out by the company's installation vendors
• Monitor vendor compliance with SLA's and other commitments, and provide management reports and other qualitative data to measure the effectiveness of field tech teams and delivered network integrity
• Understand and communicate customer provided networking design and implementation standards to assure accurate service delivery-training internal and field teams as required
• Develop organizational structure and ongoing workflows to deliver/maintain rigorous networking standards and practices across the engineering staff and the company
• Work closely with the assigned engineering staff to develop each team member in their assigned role
• Coordinate solutions and necessary escalations with vendors and field personnel for service delivery issues
• 8+ years of experience required in network engineering, strong emphasis in enterprise LAN designs/implementation and Wi-Fi expertise.
• 3+ more years of technical staff management experience.
• Local-area-networking and Wi-Fi design/implementation expertise required
• Experience in with Airmagnet Survey tools and Ekahau Survey tools
• Must have proven technical staff management experience
• Knowledge of Cisco/Meraki, Ruckus, or Aruba equipment and operations.
• Must have current Network design Certifications and Cisco CCNA or equal.
• Apply /maintain rigorous process standards across assigned work group.
• Excellent people skills- a motivational/coaching personality, excellent written and verbal skills and have team skills to work effectively with other teams throughout organizations
• Ability to coordinate/manage activities of the company's engineering team's (engineering team's responsibilities include; assisting the company's Sales and Project Management teams in the sale and delivery of network solutions, training, managing, and assessing network installation teams).
• BS/BA in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or technical degree
• Experience with WiFi in hospitality, education, healthcare or other public verticals
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.