Quality Engineers at NPD are responsible for testing and ensuring high-quality software products and data to our clients. This includes design, development, and automation of tests for our customer-facing and internal applications, and data flow processes.
NPD is looking for a Quality Engineering Manager to lead a team of quality engineers specializing in functional and automation testing for NPD’s large scale data flow and ETL processes.
The Quality Engineering Manager provides leadership, management, direction, and vision to quality engineers including offshore contractors/consultants needed to support quality assurance testing and automation in the software development lifecycle. The manager works closely with QE and development peers, product and project leaders/managers as well as directs the successful completion of testing and any other quality related deliverables. The Quality Engineering Manager is expected to report progress to Sr. management. Additional responsibilities may include project planning activities, identifying and supporting talent, and defining resource requirements and allocations.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement initiatives, quality best practices, and define quality metrics or dashboards
- Regularly perform reviews to ensure best practices are followed.
- Complete team management responsibilities to include performance management, hiring and coaching of staff, and resource planning.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for external QA resources.
- Recommend quality strategy and direction across functional area.
- Work directly with different business units, technology teams, and end users.
- Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services.
- Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
- Encourages new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovation.
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
- 10+ years of experience, including experience in a leadership position
- BS Engineering/Computer Science Required, Advanced Degree Preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience with QA methodologies
- Strong knowledge of the software development process (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Ability to design and develop automated tests, frameworks, and quality dashboards for complex test scenarios
- Proficient with scripting or programming languages
- Strong knowledge of databases and proficient in SQL
- Experience testing integrations on large scale data platforms
- Knowledge of non-functional testing such as Performance or Load testing
- Exhibits innovative approaches to process improvement
- Experience working with cloud technologies, preferably the Azure ecosystem
- Demonstrates a big-picture, long-range perspective.
- Strong understanding of the evolving landscape of technology and its effect on customers and data products.
- Understands client expectations and applies best practices to client solutions.
- Able to effectively evaluate alternative solutions and work across functions to implement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through a bottom-up management approach, driving a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and client service skills. Effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior/executive management, clients, and peers.
- Able to organize projects to ensure strategic priorities and near-term operational priorities are met.
- Can effectively lead group meetings, encouraging the sharing of ideas and focusing on results.
- Capable of communicating complex ideas clearly and effectively to all level audiences.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.