Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
CoStar Group is the world's leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the commercial real estate industry. Since 1987, we've been on a mission to create efficiency and transparency within commercial real estate. From our earliest days, as the first company to offer real estate firms comprehensive, objective, reliable information, to our expansion into operating the most active Internet marketplaces for buying and selling commercial real estate, apartments, businesses, and land, we've been committed to excellence and creating the most innovative and insight company in our industry. As a technology company, we are the trusted partner for all commercial real estate professionals empowering many of the most well-respected landlords, development companies, brokerage firms, banks, lenders, investors, and government agencies.
The Sales Analytics department is looking for a Sr Business Intelligence Analyst to help build out the business intelligence tools, build-out reporting and dashboard functionality for executive leadership review.
The Senior Business Analyst generates ad hoc reports and regular data sets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. The Business Analyst integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements, programs and maintains report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources. This candidate may create specifications for reports based on business requests. This is a technical role focused on building technical tools and structures based on established specifications.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner across departments to identify key information gaps and plans to provide or obtain that information
- Build workflow and reporting for various departments to increase efficiency in reaching departmental goals
- Create data sets in SQL from existing company applications
- Write SQL stored procedures, jobs and/or ETL scripts to monitor work done by employees
- Design dashboards for employees, managers and directors to track work and gain insights into progress made towards goals
- Write ETL packages to merge multiple data sets from SQL, APIs, and other external data sources.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to identify process improvement opportunities and/or trends to determine effectiveness
- Perform predictive analysis using newly created and existing data
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- 3+ years of data analytics experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong SQL experience including creation of tables, stored procedures and jobs
- Experience in PowerBI development
- Analytical programming experience including predictive analytics and forecasting
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to analyze data, interpret information and trends in large amounts of data to develop actionable recommendations
- Proven pro-active, self-starter with the ability to work both as an individual and within a team to resolve issues, create new approaches to analyzing data, and drive decisions and consensus within the business.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverable simultaneously
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segway's and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing