General Position Summary:
This position will collaborate with the organization & lead a team of technical designers through all phases of strategy, design, and the development life-cycle of applications in regards to positive user experience. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. This role collaborates with leadership across platforms and executive leadership to achieve the organization’s mission.
- Primary focus on development, maintenance, and support of various applications.
- Leads in defining, documenting and developing software, as well as contributes to architecture and technical design discussions, code reviews and technical design/specifications in collaboration with the project team.
- Responsible for providing leadership and management of all assigned business and system requirements, impact analysis and recommendations, ROI analysis and beginning to end project/process management.
- Keeps current on emerging software technology and make recommendations.
- Mentors peers and junior team members, and participates in and promotes a knowledge-sharing environment.
- Recommends best practices and policies for software development.
- Accountable for clear understanding of mission and goals for entire team. Provides clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement. Establishes practices, policies and operating procedures and ensures alignment to departmental objectives and strategy.
- Understands effective communication across all levels of the organization (both upward and downward) with the appropriate message, the right tone and the appropriate level of impact.
- Teammate is able to make the complex seem less complex, is a consensus builder and brings people and teams together. Is able to calm tense situations by bringing clarity and organization to the forefront. Ensures each level of the organization has the information needed and the context needed to produce favorable results. Builds strong relationship with IT operational leaders to ensure connectivity to the business.
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities. Recognizes talent and maximizes potential in others. Holds self and team accountable for technical abilities, productive results and leadership attributes of the organization.
- Recognizes problems and is able to make recommendations/decisions on the best course of action to remediate. Resourceful at coming up with solutions using existing or available resources based on knowledge of the organization and level of execution effort.
- Translates initiatives into actions through a thoughtful, organized and well-planned approach. Establishes measurement criteria and systems to track daily processes, implementation of new initiatives and value creation.
- Exposure to building web services using WCF or Web API
- Ability to write SQL queries as well as stored procedures
- Provide functional, technical and process leadership in areas such as pair programming, TDD, DevOps, Project Refactoring, Code Reviews etc.
- Experience with mobile technologies - iOS and Android
- Perform other relevant job duties as assigned.
- Job consists of unique and multi-dimensional work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Job involves a high degree of complexity. Incumbent oversees a team of professionals and is responsible for establishing practices and procedures. Duties are performed independently with minimal supervision and work is verified sometimes by results. Decisions are made within established departmental guidelines, but also by using judgment for the best reasonable outcome.
- Position has high visibility to Senior Leadership and Executives through direct interaction and reporting. Errors in judgment or work performance could result in insufficient operation for the organization.
- Responsible for the direct and indirect management of a team of professionals from entry level to expert level.
Specific Job Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years people management experience
- 8+ plus years of related experience of application development.
- Senior level/expert level experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically: .NET/ASP.NET/ MVC/WEBAPI/REST/WCF & SOA development, C#, SQL Server, Windows 2008/2012 server & developing N-tier highly scalable web applications, Web Services, SOA architecture, ESB, Team foundation server
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities (including agile and scrum patterns).
- Experience in performing tuning, code profiling, code review, hands on experience using Best Patterns and Practices.
- Bachelor's Degree related to Computer Science or similar from four-year College or University.
- Job requires hours that may exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Evening meetings and/or weekend work sometimes required to ensure timely project completion. Moderate to high job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines.
- Job is responsible for delivery of critical healthcare applications. Regularly interacts with a culturally and technically diverse community which includes geographically distributed developers, engineering teams, user communities.