SUMMARY: EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
The manager will manage and oversee the design and development of technology solutions including development, build, configure, customize, integrate and the document of support components for solutions to meet business and technical requirements. RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS:
- Provides technical leadership to a team of software engineers for Advantasure Enterprise Software Platform
- Responsible for managing and mentoring of the professional development of the team members
- Provides technical and architectural input and guidance
- Develops of milestones, deadlines, and drives tasks accordingly
- Interfaces with cross functional teams, senior management and end users to establish requirements
- Stays on top of engineering best practices, technology trends, tools and frameworks
- Identifies and mitigates risks in development activities
- Provides regular status updates to senior management
- Works collaboratively with the peer development teams, including those in remote sites/offices
- Works collaboratively with the Sustaining team on maintenance release and support issues from the field
- Participates in development of annual departmental budget, monitor budget and identify budget discrepancies. Researches cause and make recommendations
- Responsibility for balancing workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process. This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. #DICEPOST
Bachelor's degree in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering field. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Seven years experience in an engineering environment with demonstrated technical experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities. Three years supervisory or leadership experience in an engineering required. Development Experience with RDBMS and Microsoft Technologies required. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of unit team.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions and employing active listening techniques.
- Ability to effectively present budgetary and/or cost information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to establish workflows, manages multiple projects, and meets necessary deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adapt readily to changing business needs
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies preferred
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.