NICE (NASDAQ: NICE) is the worldwide leader of intent-based solutions that capture and analyze interactions and transactions, realize intent, and extract and leverage insights to deliver impact in real time. NICE is analytics product company and have recently started its development center in Pune.
The NICE Actimize division is the largest and broadest provider of financial crime, risk and compliance solutions for regional and global financial institutions, as well as government regulators. Consistently ranked as number one in the space, NICE Actimize experts apply innovative technology to protect institutions and safeguard consumers and investors assets by identifying financial crime, preventing fraud and providing regulatory compliance. The company provides real-time, cross-channel fraud prevention, anti-money laundering detection, and trading surveillance solutions that address such concerns as payment fraud, cyber-crime, sanctions monitoring, market abuse, customer due diligence and insider trading. More than 100 of the world's top global financial institutions and regulatory bodies rely on NICE Actimize to increase their insight into real-time customer and employee behavior, transactions, and activities. As a result, these organizations have reduced and prevented financial crime activities, minimized money laundering exposure, increased investigator efficiency and improved regulatory compliance and oversight.Manager, Software Development
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position will lead and manage a team based in Hoboken-US & London-UK that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for SaaS based data (Sanctions, PEP, Adverse Media, IDV, CIP etc.) enterprise applications in the Financial Crime, Risk and Compliance space.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about managing a team of software engineers while also being hands on for complex enterprise products that are used by top tier financial institutions. This position calls for a seasoned professional who has a proven ability in building and leading best in class R&D organization, and actively participating in all aspects of day-to-day engineering management from product and technology direction to process improvements.
- Responsible for a multi-disciplinary team who develop and maintain product features. This includes functions such as software developers, testers and support.
- Actively guide and mentor the team to meet functional, documentation, quality, timeline and all while obviating roadblocks
- Partner effectively in a highly-matrix environment with key stakeholders to align the team, prioritize efforts and execute on strategies.
- Create innovative, scalable and sustainable high-quality cloud-based SaaS software (AWS) to improve customer satisfaction and software development efficiencies.
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, promotions, etc.
- Lead and develop cloud-based SaaS software applications.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 15+ years of experience managing multiple teams of software developers
- Proven track record of managing software product engineering projects, delivering on-time, on-budget with world-class quality
- Demonstrated ability to deftly influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
- Deep experience with agile software development techniques and pitfalls
- Evidence of visionary and decisive leadership with the ability to inspire staff and others across the organization to explore and adopt new operating procedures in support of effective and efficient resource management
- Solid understanding of n-tier architectures
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Demonstrated success in multi-site development
- Great initiative; proven ability to tackle projects with alacrity
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or equivalent from a reputed institute
In addition, the following are desired:
- Familiarity with SaaS architectures and SaaS application development.
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud SaaS software.
- Familiarity with .NET stack, MS SQL Server, RabbitMQ.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
- Familiarity with Financial Crime solutions
- Familiarity with Data vendors such as Refinitiv, Dow Jones, Lexis Nexis, S&P, Moodys, Fitch, etc.