Manager, Software Development in Test – Audio and Video Technology
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Are you passionate about high quality and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help ensure Playstation software runs smoothly for developers and users? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
Sony PlayStation’s Research and Development group is looking for a motivated and creative hands on manager not only to lead a small testing team but also to develop sophisticated tests and tools to verify PLAYSTATION Audio and Video software’s functionality and features.
- Manage day to day Audio and Video codecs testing operations to ensure the best quality deliverables for Playstation SDK.
- Work with engineering teams and stake holders to develop test strategy and create test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Write test applications to verify all level of Audio and Video API functions and features. These applications or test-cases will be written in a combination of C/C++ and Python.
- Creating automated testing scripts for daily and release testing and integrate those to CI system.
- Design and build infrastructure for build and test automation. Typically this infrastructure will be built using Python.
- Responsible in best practice in software development and test for assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS CS is preferable)
- Proficient C++ programming experience (2 years min.)
- Proven record in leading software development and/or testing team
- Development using Python (1 year min.)
- Experience with different version control systems ex: Git, SVN, Perforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent development and debugging tools experience on both Linux and Windows.
- Prior experience with PLAYSTATION®4 development is a highly desirable.
- Familiarity with HEVC, H.264, H.265 and different video codecs is desirable.
- Familiarity with different Audio formats and spatial audio technology is desirable.
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or BuildBot.