Client Reference Code:
244534At a glance:
- Are you a client-focused network expert proficient in monitoring and conducting trouble isolation and resolution?
- Can you commit to a leadership role guiding a high-performing, quality network engineering team?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.comHighlights:
As the Manager of Network Engineering, you accelerate growth through detailed and decisive daily leadership for a team of cross-functional network engineers. You improve client satisfaction by guiding your team through regular network monitoring and review of client installation sites for issues. You are passionate about effectively and efficiently isolating network issues and repairing them. You maximize the department by ensuring that all issues are accurately reported and entered into the appropriate database.
You have an aptitude for recruiting, hiring and guiding teams to accomplish high-quality results. You serve as a role model for the department and take direct responsibility for achieving all predetermined production and performance metrics. Depending on the business unit, you may work as part of a 24/7 work environment. You excel at managing your team in an office environment and traveling as needed to achieve company objectives. You report to the Director of Network Engineering and Enterprise Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.Position benefits:
What you will do:
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services
Required keys for success:
- Be the empowering leader for the Network Services team by actively and consistently supporting all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Drive a high-performance culture and environment by developing a disciplined, detailed and structured team.
- Improve efficiency by providing engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Exceed individual team metrics goals by guiding, mentoring and coaching team members.
- Influence senior management by completing all reports efficiently and accurately.
- Manage the daily activities of Network Services and efficiently resolve issues through technical guidance and assistance.
- Establish positive team relations through effective communication and ongoing support to include performance reviews, career development and staffing.
- Mitigate risks by adhering to industry-specific local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned.
How you will stand out in the crowd:
- Two or more years of project management experience
- Three or more years of management experience in a 24/7 operations center
- Six or more years of network operations and implementation experience
- History of working with network and element management tools
- Knowledge of cable, voice and data communications networks and associated elements
- Understanding of LAN/WAN design and operations, TCP/IP, SNMP and HFC networks
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data while maintaining client and business confidentiality
- Strong understanding of problem resolution and handling requests while working independently
- Deadline-driven with the demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and to supervise and motivate others
- Effective prioritization and organization skills with the ability to make good decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Intermediate Linux Skills with Redhat and Ubuntu
- Operational Experience with EMS, NMS and OSS
Job Code :
- Master's Degree in engineering or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
- Industry and vendor-specific network certification and training from Cisco, Juniper, or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred)
- Industry and vendor-specific network certification and training in NCTI, SCTE or BCT/E (preferred)
- ITIL Certification (preferred)a
ENE501 Mgr, Network Engineering Exempt