Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
The HPE Enterprise Group (EG) Workforce Planning and Analytics team provides a perspective on what EG’s Technology & Services workforce (~40,000 employees) looks like today, how it should look in the future and drives cross functional initiatives to bridge the gap. Our team is recognized as a seeding ground for high-performing individuals and future leaders of the business. Your success will not only create opportunities for advancement within the EG WFP team, but rather in the broader HR team as well as in the broader EG/HP business.
We are looking for talented individuals with strong analytical, communications, and time management skills to join the team. You will leverage experience in management consulting and/or business strategy to drive a portion of the organization to make better human capital choices.
- Manage workforce operations by leveraging headcount reports and budgets within large sub-organizations of the Enterprise Group
- Lead and support pan-EG initiatives by directly scoping, initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing workforce strategy projects
- Work with others to manage and participate in both HR- and business unit-led project teams
- Consult with business executives and deliver insights to support actionable human capital strategy direction
- Work and lead in a team environment, both within the WFP/HR team and with business unit partners/stakeholders
- Work collaboratively across organizations to help secure commitment for key efforts
- Provide thought leadership and contribute to the knowledge base
- Manage 1-2 direct reports
- Minimal travel (if any)
- For the Manager role, typically 6-10 years total experience, of which 2+ years of experience is at a leading management consultancy post-Masters degree (optional).
- Experience leading projects and company financial improvement initiatives in finance, HR, management consulting, corporate strategy, turnaround and/or business planning roles is desired.
- Leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding and conflict resolution
- Superior problem-solving, analytical, and modeling skills, with ability to succinctly interpret data for executives
- Advanced business acumen and some interest in technology companies preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel (e.g., Pivot Tables) and other computer programs
- Superior work ethic
- Good time/project management skills, including management of multiple work streams independently
- Relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to human capital issues
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters preferred
- Preferred location is Houston, TX. Other locations considered are Austin, Plano, Ft. Collins, Atlanta, Alpharetta and Palo Alto. This position requires that applicants have the legal right to work in the USA