American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Manager, Data Strategy
manages the day-to-day work of assigned staff and operations of the data transformation department. Oversees the development of data-oriented systems (Microsoft Azure) to meet the needs of the organization. Develop and implement best practices for storing, organizing, cleaning, mining, and transforming data for consumption. Aligns with the Data Governance Manager, Business Intelligence Manager, and other data stewards responsible for the overcall care and management of the organization's data landscape. Identifies and recommends solutions, practices, and innovative techniques that aligns with strategic business initiatives; anticipates market changes and trends and meets financial goals. May assist in training users on data tools. Develops policy and strategy implementation for short-term results. Problems faced are difficult to moderately complex. Influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices, and procedures.Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day work of assigned staff and operations of the department. Leads, directs, and reviews the work of the team to ensure successful operational outcomes within the department. Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by the team, clients, and stakeholders. Develops and/or refines procedures to improve results and leads change efforts to ensure sustainable improvement. Sets direction for the work group and operationalizes key strategic initiatives as defined by senior management. Ensures work is completed within the established budget and timeline.
- Collaborates with cross-department management and data stewards to develop policies and standards that ultimately lead to Master Data Management.
- Partners with Data Governance and Business Intelligence to identify data models, architecture, ETL and virtual layers needed through one-to-one communications and group workshops with key employees.
- Codifies and creates data models and transformations to identify areas for improvement. Assists customers who use the data tools to model and transform the data for business needs.
- Establishes frameworks and/or standard operating procedures for data-related activities such as data acquisition, data enrichment, data correction, data and reporting access, data cataloging, migrations, environment and job monitoring, and job orchestration.
- Builds and manages relationships with vendors, ensures that contractual obligations are met, and work product is of high quality.
- In accordance with applicable policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work where you feel right at home -
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Business Management, Information Systems and/or related preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with data modeling, data warehousing, data integration, data mining, and data quality.
- Expert understanding of database architectures, programming and scripting, design, implementation, repair, and maintenance. (SQL, Python, XML)
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience managing a department with direct reports. Experience mentoring a team to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, career planning, and training opportunities.
- Advanced experience developing and maintaining structured and un-structured data (Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lakes).
- Advanced understanding of data governance and/or master data management concepts.
- Advanced experience with domain-driven architectures and cloud technologies (Azure) preferred.
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
For positions that are permitted or required to work remotely, employees may conduct work only within the United States and only in states where the Company is already conducting business, unless for brief periods, consistent with Company policy.
For employees in Colorado only, the anticipated range is $117,125 to $167,475. Actual starting base salary will depend on geographical location, skills, and relevant experience.
The Company also may provide benefits with this position including but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSUs) and/or Health Savings Accounts (HSAs); Dependent Savings Accounts; 401(k) plan with employer matching; employee stock purchase plan; and potential for bonuses. The above wage range is the Company's current good faith expectation for this position. The actual amount paid and/or offered may be less or more than this range and will be based on factors including geographic location, education, training, or experience related to the work, seniority, merit, quantity and or quality of the work.Related Keywords:
IT, information technology, computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, business management, information systems, data modeling, data warehousing, data integration, data mining, data quality
Information regarding AR's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
#LI-PH1 #DICE_PHO #remote #DICE #LI-Remote