Description: Position Summary: This position does have the capability to be remote.
The Manager - IT Solutions Development, is responsible for leading a team of IT solution analysts and ensuring freight management solution projects are prioritized, scheduled and completed according to the company's needs and to meet the needs of the business and customer requirements. These duties include building relationships and trust with the process owners and taking a consultative approach to project definition; working with Process and IT teams to ensure on time, on spec delivery of system work; managing the IT solution design, development and implementation efforts; seeing that proper process is followed and that deliverables meet Penske standards. Additionally, they guide and mentor the associates in their career development. Major Responsibilities: Customer Experience:
• Work closely with process owners and customers at a sr. management level
• Translate business requirements into system requirements
• Manage the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
• Main point of contact for client group updates, issues, and questions.
• Execute technical solutions to department standards.
• Drive solutions that meet fast pace business objectives with both short term and long term goals in mind.
• Perform well supporting both legacy and future technologies.
• Proven leadership skills, able to influence both at the tactical and strategic levels.
• Maintain solid relationships evenly within the organization.
• Ensure the associates lead project scope development and options analysis and recommend technical solutions to meet customer needs.
• Ensure the associates create project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership.
• Lead regular meetings to ensure effectiveness of plan, cost implications and quality of solution.
• Ensure project completion and implementation projects on time, and ensure all tasks and projects are executed to department quality standards. Technology:
• Deep level of understanding of transportation best practices and TMS software.
• Ensure the staff creates technical solutions based on system capabilities and standards.
• Ensure end user group training on how to use the technical solution. People/Resource Management:
• Mentor associates.
• Delegate and assign tasks to technical resources for projects.
• Assess task quality and provide ongoing feedback to project members.
• Create performance reviews and set standards for quality. Analytics:
• Analyze system/software capabilities and how it relates to creating a technical solution.
• Identify future opportunities for system enhancement and value generation.
• Demonstrate capability to break technical solutions into logical units, and have the ability to use models to show applications or program flow.
• Use dashboards and metrics to properly prioritize work and ensure milestones on projects are being met. Qualifications: Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, Mathematics or Logistics. Master's is preferred.
• 10 years related technology solutions design experience; preferably in transportation or logistics.
• Prior supervisory/management experience a must. Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• 6 years of relevant work experience with TMS systems. JDA/BlueYonder is preferred.
• Advanced skills in team development, personal evaluations, managing timelines and work plans, presentations and recommendations.
• Strong decision-making, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated business acumen and be political savvy.
• Expert understanding of leading practices, industry trends and make recommendations to business partners as appropriate.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required. Physical Requirements:
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. About Penske Logistics
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com Work Locations:
3700 Crestwood Parkway Duluth, GA 30096 Primary Location:
United States-Georgia-Duluth Zip:
Information Technology Penske (Oracle) Job Name:
Information Technology Req ID: