What you'll do...
H&R Block is in the midst of positive cultural and technological change. More than two years into its IT transformation, the journey has included a significant move to cloud computing, particularly Microsoft Azure, along with Agile and DevOps approaches to operate at the ever-increasing speed of technology in the marketplace. The process of migrating to the cloud has involved a combination of developing greenfield cloud-native applications that take advantage of the latest PaaS services that are being released on a monthly basis.
The Manager of Network Engineering provides technical and managerial leadership in the design, planning, operation, maintenance, and support of the H&R Block network infrastructure. Duties and responsibilities include:
About H&R Block...
- Manage the Network team to ensure the reliability, availability, and serviceability of the corporate network.
- Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities, design, planning, day-to-day operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting network infrastructure.
- Take an active role in owning the network technology architecture and the evolution of that architecture to meet changing business requirements.
- Participate in the development of guidelines, operational procedures, and rigorous networking standards across the engineering staff.
- Closely work with staff to set goals and develop each team member.
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation. It would be even better if you also had...
Technical certifications desired
Cisco ACI multi-site is a plus
Information Security background is also desiredWhat you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's Degree in Information systems or related field or equivalent experience in information systems management or a related field.
- 8 years minimum related work experience
- Five plus years of experience managing information systems staff and/or leading project teams.
- Experience implementing hybrid data-center networking including Azure express route, Azure app gateway and site recovery.
- Hands-on experience implementing virtual networking including VMware NSX and networking in Azure and AWS.
- Experience implementing various routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP, and static routes.
- Experience with WAN technologies - SDWAN, VPN
- Experience in automated configuration management and deployment
- Ability to work well with people and act as a consultant for individuals with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to manage numerous projects and activities simultaneously, ensuring the correct priorities are assigned and initiatives are completed within resource constraints.
- Strong project management and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong networking and IT security background.