nCino offers exciting career opportunities for individuals who want to join the worldwide leader in cloud banking.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a group of high-performing software developers who are passionate about problem solving, technology, and innovative product development. You will be responsible for the hiring, supervision, and retention of your team and for ensuring they have the necessary support to consistently meet customer schedule and quality expectations. You will also lead by example in pushing yourself and the department to continuously find ways to improve and innovate our product, processes, and culture.Responsibilities
- Ensure that engineering staff have access to the skills, tools, processes, etc. that they need to produce high-quality, on-time software that meets our customers' expectations
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate performance of developers
- Deliver results on complex development projects involving teams across the Product Development & Engineering department and the company
- Oversee the software development lifecycle, ensuring the proper structures are in place for the on-time delivery of high quality product releases
- Collaborate with internal customers and departmental leadership
- Communicate engineering team processes and priorities to stakeholders and customers as needed
- Work with customers to resolve business critical concerns
- Ensure that product teams are resourced and supported in order to meet the prioritized needs of the department
- Clearly communicate schedule and quality expectations and ensure that teams are operating efficiently
- Instill, strengthen, and maintain a culture centered on continuous improvement and the practical execution of our nCino values
- Resolve employee conflicts through creative means to assure employee support and accountability to timely and quality project execution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years functional experience and 1+ years management experience or combination of experience, education, and extraordinary performance
- Substantial expertise in an Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language such as Java, C++, C#, Apex, or Python
- Deep understanding of web application development
- Extensive professional experience in an Agile development environment and in implementing and improving Agile/Scrum practices in an enterprise-scale organization
- Proven success as a coach and mentor of technical staff
- Demonstrated dedication to quality and continuous improvement
- Ability to motivate yourself and others, prioritize your own work, and adapt and thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to travel when required
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience with the Salesforce Platform, particularly developing managed packages as a part of the ISV Partner Program
If you thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, we invite you to share your passion, ideas and excitement at nCino.
nCino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetics or other protected groups. In addition to federal law requirements, nCino complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
nCino is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, nCino will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at .
Our commitment to inclusion and equality includes a strong belief that the diversity of our team is instrumental to our success. We strive to create workplaces where employees are empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.