The primary purpose of this position is to provide management oversight to Sirius s state of the art Technology Enablement Center (TEC).
The Sirius Technology Evaluation Center (TEC) is a premier evaluation facility for client-focused technology assessments, proof of concepts, and architectural review. Our goal is to help clients explore and examine technical integration and migration concepts and options prior to purchasing or placing technologies in their environment. Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include the overall management, marketing and growth of the Sirius Technical Enablement Center (TEC). Primary duties listed below:
- Manage a 2,500 sq. ft, $50+-million lab with over 200 partners, 50 racks of technology, and 3 petabytes of storage
- Leverage strong knowledge of large systems and datacenters, covering: network, security, storage, compute, connectivity (i.e. fiber, cloud, etc.) to effectively build, run and manage TEC solutions
- Manage and develop a team of TEC engineers
- Provide rotational training and oversight of Sirius Academy members
- Work with Sirius partners to onboard new products in the TEC
- Work with Sirius clients to identify projects, and properly scope the LOE for given projects
- Responsible for the presales and marketing of TEC and Integration Center offerings
- Lead Sirius executive client briefings and client focused TEC Talks
- Develop and adhere to network SLA s
Other Position Requirements:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field
- At least five (5) years' experience developing and implementing complex IT infrastructure solutions
- Demonstrated ability to understand large systems and data centers
- Demonstrated ability to develop and market new solution offerings
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop teams
- Demonstrated strong presentation and communication skills to executive level clients
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand department financials
Data Privacy and Security :
- Experience managing a technical team
- Experience in managing a datacenter
- Experience in presales and post-sales delivery
- Technical background:
- CCNA or CCNP (or similar)
- WAN and LAN Experience
- Security- Specifically firewalls- ideally CheckPoint but not required
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers a nd as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.