Manages the activities and strategic direction of the Department including indirectly managing several diverse types of Technology teams. Responsible for the budget of multiple cost centers spanning concurrent development streams. Provides long and short-term strategic direction for the entire Department, multiple applications and/or cost centers. Serves as primary contact to Divisional peers, Technology leadership team, Management Group and business partners. Oversees development and career planning for all team members.
- Direct and participate in consults with client management in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements of the largest and/or most complex nature and recommend innovations that anticipate future impact of changing business requirements. Build positive client relationships to support the delivery of these activities.
- Monitor technology direction of the industry and vendor applications specific to areas and businesses supported. Manage supporting research and initiation of change to the status quo, when necessary to ensure implementation of appropriate technologies. Manage vendor/product analyses and recommendations to ensure delivery of the most appropriate end product based on available resources, inclusive of budget. Develop and manage multiple cost center budgets. Provide senior level leadership to multiple application development, support testing efforts, technology infrastructure/project management and/or other technology domains. Manage Technology department(s) and responsible for all financial, compliance, human resources and risk operations with the departments. Develop and maintain contacts within the organization to obtain the requisite support related to systems development activities managed. Maintain relationships with vendors and professional organizations to remain current on industry trends and best practices for supported systems and businesses.
- Direct systems development activities of assigned teams, including assignment of staff to various projects and ensure their timely completion within budget. Coordinate activities with other
- managers as required to support efforts of mutual interest.
- Manage the implementation of technology consistent with Division standards and long-range plans, seeking opportunities to leverage these across other teams as applicable. Ensure activities
- managed adhere to all Department and Technology standards and procedures, including all documentation requirements to protect Bank interests and serve as a reference source.
- Manage and ensure the recommendation of systems designs based on business and technology requirements. Manage identification of issues and concerns throughout the
- process and ensure they are investigated and resolved.
- Manage monitoring project plans of assigned teams to ensure they remain on track; identify and address significant issues that may result in delays. Remain current on activities outside assigned teams
- that may impact activities of the teams or systems managed.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company s Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum of Associates degree and 11 years technology management or large program leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 13 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 11 years technology management or large program leadership experience
Proficiency with pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications
Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature
Experience on large system enhancements, conversions, and production problem resolution
Complete understanding of the system development life cycle
Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
Understanding business(es) supported and its terminology
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent analytical skills
Excellent decision-making skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Prior experience encouraging team work and serving as role model when leading and directing others
Understanding of technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem
Confidence in leading multiple teams often in different geographic locations and time zones
Prior experience presenting to senior management
Education and Experience Preferred
Master s degree
Minimum of 12 years technology management or large program leadership experience
Extensive application, product knowledge experience with skills, application(s) and function of the technology area being led
Subject Matter Expert understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
Understanding of multiple business area s functions
Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective
Experience with skills, application(s) and functions of the technology area
Good understanding of the Bank s application framework
Aware of the Bank s business plan and strategic objectives with ability to shape direction
Mastered knowledge and focus of the entire system and support projects outside of normal business-as-usual (BAU)
Self-motivated and able to motivate others
Wilmington, Delaware, United States of America