What We'll Bring:
Our quest to modernizing the way we do technology is not slowing down anytime soon. We continue to make big strides in our agile atmosphere to bring the latest in products and solutions within the cloud infrastructure. Our cloud teams have the potential to shape the future by solving thought-provoking problems and using transformational technology to further enhance our capabilities in this data-driven world. Helping our clients build trust begins with a strong team of innovators ready to pave the way with strategy and optimization in mind. You'll have the chance to thrive in a culture of ownership and delivery as these efforts continue to expand. As technology evolves, our advantage in having an ecosystem of innovation and modernization creates an unmatchable environment. These advantages can enable you to be at the center of groundbreaking discoveries.What You'll Bring:
Impact You'll Make:
- Experience in F5 load balancing, InfoBlox DNS and Cisco Firewalls and Routers.
- Hands on experience building large scale application deployments, standard three tier web applications, big data and analytics workloads
- Graduate degree in STEM field
- Familiarity with other external cloud platforms (Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.)
- Experience developing APIs
- Hands on experience with Puppet or similar configuration management tools
- Experience with software defined everything using CloudFormation and/or Terraform
- Experience using DevOps tools and processes; creation of CICD pipelines
- Development within a hybrid cloud environment
- Ability to work in a high-pace environment
- 10 or more years of progressively experience in Information Technology with a focus on Network Engineering or Cloud Engineering. Previous work experience should include management roles delivering at an elevated level and focused on building high-performing teams.
- You'll will drive a value-led technology transformation effort. You'll also lead a team of engineers focused on building the cloud foundation (with a focus on networking components) as part of TransUnion's technology transformation.
- You'll play a significant role with stakeholders from many business units to provide them with end-to-end usage and technical capabilities.
- You'll play a key financial role for the Networking organization and own the management of the budget.
- Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) and executive presence.
- Equal effectiveness in communicating with engineers, fellow managers, and senior executives.
- Experience in managing technology vendor relationships and end-to-end P&Ls. Financial acumen as a core competency for this role.
- Prior experience in cloud transformation initiatives (experience with Azure and AWS preferred). Experience creating technology roadmaps for traditional network teams undertaking automation, API, and cloud journeys.
- Development of enterprise standards and technology architecture and the IT operations governance process.
- Experience in delivering architecture solutions through all phases of the project lifecycle via proven agile methodologies (including requirements definition, solutioning, implementation, and testing).
- Working knowledge of Ansible (or similar automation platforms), Python and bash scripting
- Experience in developing software using API calls, microservices, serverless compute
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure technologies (server, storage, clustering, etc.) with deeper expertise in Networking (routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers, DDI, etc...)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Manager, Network Engineering