Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Cyber Systems Manager (M1) position in Elkridge, MD for the Engineering &Sciences (E&S) division, in the Cyber Systems discipline as a Front Line manager. This is a dual role encompassing both Systems Engineering and people leadership in a player-coach mindset. Team Leadership and Management:
Responsible include staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs. The responsibilities include the recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management, and contract maintenance for the contractors working in this discipline and geographic area. The manager will be responsible for 5 - 20 junior to senior technical direct reports. Team Technical Performance:
Responsibilities include Cyber Systems Engineering, Cyber Security (Information Assurance), and must possess a current in-depth knowledge and ability to execute the principles, concepts and techniques for cyber systems.
Successful candidates will be hands-on systems engineers with Cyber Security experience that can serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in three or more
of the below subjects:
- Design & Engineering: Experience in multiple disciplines listed below with the ability to look at problems and requests holistically and factor them against requirements. The positions will create integrated solutions that meet and exceed desired results. Ability to identify opportunities for innovation, then ability to solve identified problems. Experience working in SCRUM and AGILE environments highly desired.
- DevOps Engineering: Automation of scheduled jobs to reduce labor intensive tasks. (i.e. program and script in various languages including Python, PowerShell, BASH) Cross-platforming of applications on various OSs. Familiarity with Atlassian Administration (Jira, Confluence), Agile and Scrum methodology, understanding of development release cycle and operations, Source Control and Version tools such as (Git, GitLab, Bitbucket), Continuous Integration Frameworks (Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven), Application Containerization (Docker, CoreOS, Rocket), Automation Deployment Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes)
- Change Management: Facilitate large and cross-functional team meetings across the organization. Excellent coordination and organization skills. Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users. Ability to understand how existing and new systems can be integrated to improve business unit performance.
- Test & Evaluation: Demonstrate experience with Developmental Testing (DT) Integrated Testing (IT), and Operational Testing (OT). Demonstrate experience relevant to support test and evaluation of assigned projects. Demonstrate experience in developing test criteria and Test and Evaluation Master Plans. Demonstrate ability to apply analytical methodologies to evaluate the operational effectiveness and suitability of systems. Must have superior technical writing skills to draft unambiguous and concise test plans, test reports, and supporting documents.
- Cyber Security: Experience with implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) within the Intelligence Community (IC). Assist in the implementation of the required government policy, make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities. Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the System Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M. Establish strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
Successful candidates will be hands-on systems engineers that can serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in three or more
of the below technical skills:
- Virtual Engineering: (i.e. VMware vCenter/vSphere, RedHat KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V, advanced virtual networking, ability to deploy high volume configurations, implement a VDI environment, etc.)
- Network Engineering: (i.e. all layers of OSI model, configure of large scale networks with routing protocols, ability to packet capture and conduct detailed analysis, ACL, firewall networking, security patching, OS updates, etc. Familiar with Cisco, VyOS, or NSX.)
- Windows System Engineering: (i.e. Systems Administration, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, implementing Department of Defense requirements on servers and workstations, etc.)
- Linux Engineering: (i.e. different Linux varieties (e.g. RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu), security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, implementing Department of Defense requirements, automation of repetitive tasks, etc.)
- Security Engineering: (i.e. common DoD Security tools (e.g. HBSS, ACAS, Splunk), security posture auditing and remediation, implementing Department of Defense requirements, reporting and upgrading current capabilities and designing stronger security solutions)
The position requires the leader to communicate not just with E&S management, but also with other department managers, as well as the Program Management organization. Consequently, excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The candidate will work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, along with program directors and program managers.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He/she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business. The candidate will have demonstrated experience leading systems engineering teams in either in the development of new capabilities or O&M/sustainment.Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- US Citizenship required and must have a Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI security clearance which was active within the last 24 months
- Bachelor of Science w/ 9+ years' experience in cyber or systems engineering / Four (4) years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within two (2) months of starting
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
- Experience in three (3) or more of the following subjects: Design & Engineering, Change Management, Test & Evaluation, DevOps Engineering, & Cyber Security
- Experience in three (3) or more of the following technical skills: Virtual Engineering, Network Engineering, Windows System Engineering, Linux Engineering, and Security Engineering
- Leadership skills as a people and technical leader, and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in leading engineering projects and teams, including effort estimation, schedule development, and resource allocation for assigned tasks
- DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level III (e.g. CISSP)
- Experience operating in a customer facility providing integrated support
- Experience with military / DoD installations and practices
- Experience designing and architecting advanced cyber systems
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Prior Experience translating requirements into design baselines
- Demonstrated success leading and working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
- When required, have the ability to work outside of normal working hours and weekends as needed to support the customer's needs
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.