Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a candidate with outstanding leadership skills to fill a Manager 2 position for the Intelligence & Sensing Solutions (I&SS) organization in the Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization. This is a dual role position encompassing both people leadership and direct technical performance.
This position will manage a team that may support multiple programs, projects and initiatives. The position is located specifically in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. This role will focus on two primary areas of responsibility: People Leadership and Technical Performance.
Ensure team has a clear purpose and clear roles; Communicate information to employees in a timely manner to help them to be productive and engaged; Give direct feedback to people on her/his team about their performance and potential in the organization; Find and develop talent. Functional responsibilities include staffing and workload forecast, employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development. Additional responsibilities include coordinating specific staffing requirements, drafting/reviewing requisitions and performing hiring manager responsibilities, identifying rotational opportunities for employees, and performance management.
Ensure personnel within the discipline team are meeting technical requirements of supported programs. Team Technical Performance: The candidate should have a technical performance role currently in place that can account for at least 80% of their time. Technical performance responsibilities will vary based on current role.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills and have success as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Current, active TS/SCI clearance with MPO Full Scope Polygraph
• Proven leadership skills as a people and technical leader, and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
• Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 7+ years' experience in software, hardware, or systems engineering
• Familiar with Agile methodologies
• Experience leading multi-discipline engineering teams
• Previous Functional Management Experience
• Experienced in all aspects of the Engineering processes and Software development
• Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
• INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (Associate or Certified Level)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.