About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Manager Health and Sustainability - Brand Support
Position Location: Quincy, MA or Salisbury, NC
The Health & Sustainability Manager or "Brand Manager" will serve as the Health & Sustainability partner to the assigned Brand. The Brand Manager is responsible for understanding the Brand business, provide expertise and guidance related to sustainable retailing as well as integrate sustainable retailing into the business to achieve the company's overall Health & Sustainability ambitions.
The Brand Manager, serving as on-site expert, is expected to have a broad understanding of environmental and social matters, a deep understanding of business operations as well as the ability to demonstrate leadership expertise to establish strategic direction and work cross functionally to implement Health & Sustainability initiatives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
> Serve as the Health & Sustainability strategic advisor for the Brand; proactively ensure alignment with broader Health & Sustainability strategic objectives.
> Integrate Health & Sustainability strategy and aspirations into Brand strategy; support strategy development through clear understanding of current and future consumer and market trends associated with Health & Sustainability.
> Analyzes and interprets Brand's Health & Sustainability results against established targets; anticipates gaps in execution and drives corrective action and communication plans.
> Possess expertise in key areas of sustainable retailing strategy (health, waste, transparency, climate, etc.); pulls on Health & Sustainability expertise across the RBS team to support Brand's needs.
> Regularly communicate with Brand senior leadership to drive Health & Sustainability objectives.
> Leadership, persuasion, and negotiation skills required to impact and influence Brand leadership teams to drive results and achieve Health & Sustainability targets and expectations (Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, Maintenance & Construction, Format, Strategy).
> Requires excellent interpersonal / relationship skills to bring credibility and action to the Health & Sustainability strategy.
> Introduce and promote health and sustainability related innovations and market trends for integration into the business.
> Role model of Health & Sustainability practices and play ambassador role for the Brands externally and internally
> This role regularly interfaces with Brand Sr. Leadership, CSS, Legal, Strategy, Communications, Finance, and AD Group.
> Play an instrumental leadership role in local NGOs, governmental entities, and other external stakeholder groups driving the Brand Health & Sustainability objectives
Requirements Basic Requirements:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Sustainability or related field; Master's degree preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• General expertise and passion for health and sustainability
• Preferred knowledge of retail business
• In depth understanding of client engagement and customer service
The Brand Manger plays an advisory, facilitative, managerial and leadership role within the organization. This position interacts with all of the Brand business functions and all levels of staff and management. This position collaborates with the broader Health & Sustainability team. This role requires effective customer relationship skills and ability to effectively manage expectations.
• Influence without authority
• Ability to explain complex concepts in easily understandable language both written and verbally
• Composure among senior leadership teams
• Strong understanding of sustainability analysis and systems thinking
• Build strong relationships across all business functions
• Understands and utilizes the dynamics of power, organization, influence and decision making to achieve objectives
• Intellectually engaged, skillful, and responsible thinking that facilitates good judgment
• Adept to working with ambiguity and uncertainty in a highly changing field and evolving industry
• Executive level written communications (briefs and decks)
• Speaking and presenting: internally, externally, board room, stores, small settings, on stage
• Translate complex topics into actionable items for the business
• Ability to work autonomously and with others
• Exude core values of integrity, courage, teamwork, care and humor