What We'll Bring:
This role is for a Manager of Application & Service Engineering, who will lead the application engineering practice of TransUnion's Analytics domain. The teams you lead will be responsible for building new features and optimizing strategic Analytics platforms across TransUnion. Our multi-Petabyte platforms support a diverse community of internal and customer-based data scientists, statisticians, modelers, product developers and data strategists.
As a leader, you will have both the accountability and freedom to grow and evolve the teams that are taking TransUnion to the next level. Success in this role requires a blend of skills in the following:
•Agile Development & Agile Team Management
•Enterprise Information Management
•Web and Service-Oriented ArchitectureWhat You'll Bring:
Impact You'll Make:
- 10 or more years of hands-on experience in software development.
- 5-7+ years of technical leadership experience, with 2+ years of experience managing teams.
- Proficiency in Agile software development and Delivery.
- Proficiency in Java Web Application Development and Service-Oriented Application Design.
- Experience in building full stack web applications.
- Experience with Cloud based services (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
- Manage multiple Agile teams that will be building backend-end services and front-end web applications that support the Analytics platforms of TransUnion.
- Oversee the deployment and Implementation of leading-edge analytics environments including software, end-user tools and other data services.
- Collaborate within and across teams on resource and delivery planning.
- Train, coach and grow the maturity of teams and associates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Manager II, Software Development