About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Manager II Service Delivery - PTAC
Position Location: Chicago, IL
We are seeking top notch, high energy, and positive service delivery leaders to help us meet the increasing growth and demand in the online grocery delivery market. Are you the right candidate for an agile, highly collaborative, modern tool infused, and thriving environment? Our growing company currently has an opportunity for a professional and experienced individual to fill the leadership role of Service Delivery Manager II on our established Service Delivery team.
We are looking for an experienced Network Operations Manager to join our 24x7 team in a more senior management role. The official title, Manager II, PTAC (Peapod Technical Assistance Center) is responsible for the department's primary 24x7 role to quickly identify, isolate, and restore functionality to Peapod's production systems when encountering a severity condition. This includes the responsibility of supervising all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user incident and service requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of all support functions. The PTAC Manager 2 will also serve as the primary escalation point for multiple Manager 1 roles overseeing the three primary tiers of PTAC. Tier 24/7, CnC and Site Reliability.
The Manager 2 will also share in the responsibility of Operations support as part of the 2nd level support rotation. This individual will offer leadership, support and guidance and will be responsible for ensuring the staff is exceeding expectations in performance, defined SLAs, and that standards, processes and procedures are followed.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
o Manage a 24x7 Team schedule.
o Provide regular updates to Service Delivery and Business Leadership. Manage the relationship between IT and Operations Management to ensure IT is seen as a trusted business partner
o Serve as a primary point of contact during Incident Management while providing updates to Manager III
o Evaluate employee performance and make recommendations to Manager III
o Serve as mentor to the Manager I roles as needed.
o Cross-train managers/employees to ensure workload flexibility
o Facilitates user account lifecycle management (Account provisioning & Access Requests)
o Ensure team members are provisioned for appropriate systems.
o Responsible for ensuring all necessary production systems are properly monitored
o Develop and maintain processes and procedures that dictate PTAC ticket responses
o Rotating after hours issue escalation support both remote and onsite expected.
o Strong People management skills. Capable of managing a large support team.
o Strong project management and inventory replenishment skills
o Strong knowledge of Support tools/applications to ensure all steps for error recovery have been performed in an effort to resolve reported problems, prior to escalating to third level support groups
o Understand the mechanical systems, software relations, differences, and other functionalities in the appropriate warehouses and shares knowledge with other teams and vendors
o Escalate complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups or vendors for resolution
o Strong organizational skills related to coordinating triage calls involving multiple technical support teams. Gather detailed information during triage and utilize logical problem-solving skills and techniques to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
o Produce and maintain high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
o Write technical documentation for all new systems and processes that affect Infrastructure Environments, as well as train other team members and end users
o Manage and triage all calls opened by self or other team members while prioritizing business impacting issues over day to day end user issues
o Collaborate with system administrators, network administrators, developers and other internal teams and vendors to maintain appropriate tools, monitoring, reporting and site metrics to track needs and trends for support, issues and capacity changes
o Travel up to 20% depending on the needs of the business
#Dicejob Requirements Basic Requirements:
• CompTIA A+ and/or CompTIA Network+ Certification
• MAC O/S and Windows knowledge
• Strong Knowledge/Experience with Ticket Tracking Systems
• Warehouse IT Operation Support experience
• Adequate knowledge of the Linux OS
• Strong knowledge of Citrix/NetScaler
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Support
• O365/Gmail collaborative platforms
• Familiarity with Jira/Atlassian/Slack/PagerDuty
• Strong Documentation/Technical Writing Skills
• On call for support issues on a rotating 24x7 escalation policy
• Associates or Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
• 5+ years Customer Service experience, or equivalent
• Preferred Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
• Sense of urgency for resolution for not only production outages but the smaller issues as well.
• Experience implementing and utilizing ITIL compliant service desk tools.
• ITIL certification preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to facilitate meetings with management team and delegate responsibilities.
• Ability to manage a large team of experienced IT professionals
• Strong incident and problem-management skills including identification and escalation of system issues.
• Available for travel 20% to Peapod's domestic branches and facilities
• Enjoy working with people and place the highest importance on internal client service satisfaction
• 5+ Years Management experience
• CompTIA A+ and/or Network + certification preferred (but not required)
• Strong understanding of network hardware and software
• Excellent patience, interpersonal and guest service skills
• Strong knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 7, Microsoft O365, and MAC O/S
• Familiarity with Jamf and SCCM a plus
• Must be detail oriented