The IT Service Hub Manager is responsible for overseeing first and second level technology support team for all technology provision by the information Technology division. This includes the call center (Service Desk) and a team of technical staff working multiple shifts seven days a week. The IT Service Hub Manager is responsible for software and hardware asset management; pro visioning of technology and coordinating with other technical and application teams for troubleshooting andrepair. Additionally, the Service hub Manager serves as the face of IT owns the customer experience and is the focal point for communications including but not limited to incident management, scheduled or unscheduled down times, maintenance notifications, upgrades, service interruptions and status of service requests.
This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure & Operations. Personnel reporting to this position include Service Desk Analysts, Desktop Support Engineers and the IT Asset Coordinator.
- Monitors the handling of all Service Desk encounters via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of issues.
- Ensures that all phases of desktop support, including procurement, installations, upgrades software, hardware, operating systems and system configuration issues are
properly coordinated, monitored, tracked and resolved.
- Analyzes service staff activities including documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and prevent future problems.
- Manages process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Designs and enforces service request handling and escalation policies and procedures; acts as an escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Assesses the need for system reconfigurations or other changes based on incident/problem trends and makes recommendations.
- Researches solutions based on user requirements and business need and works with the Director to develop a desktop technology roadmap and implementation strategy.
- Researches and develops strategies for automating desktop administration where possible and recommends solutions to improve end user computing experience.
- Identifies, recommends and in some cases develops and implements end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Develops metrics and publishes regular reporting of statistics and trends for internal (IT) and external (business) audiences.
- Drives continuous improvement and adoption of best practices to simplify, standardize and improve the customer service experience through the utilization of KPI s and other metrics combined with regularly scheduled meetings with other IT teams.
- Develops work plans, establishes goals and monitors team performance against those plans and goals
- Develops an overall training curriculum and individual development plans to ensure required competencies exist across the team.
A bachelor s degree in Computer science, Information Systems, engineering or Business Administration or 5 years of equivalent experience; An Associate s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, engineering or Business Administration or 7 years of equivalent experience.
- Experience managing enterprise service desks that include multiple tiers of technical staff.
- Experience developing and implementing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliveries. Intimate knowledge of help desk applications; direct experience in selection and implementation of solutions preferred.
- Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic service environment. Work flow management experience.
- Experience managing customer expectations and Service Level Agreements.
- Knowledge of Active Directory; hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows and Office suite; technical experience with desktop systems administration (tools and processes), desktop/laptop hardware, patch management, application packaging and imaging.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and lead them in the delivering consistently high quality service.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; resourceful and capable of working with ambiguous and incomplete information.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills with experience communicating complex, technical concepts to all levels.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
Recruiter: Andy Ballantyne
Phone: (800) 732-4680 x709