Republic Services is developing, growing and expanding and is focused on building innovative technology platforms. The technology transformation at Republic Services is happening right now, and we are seeking the brightest and most talented Information Technology professionals to lead the way in this transformation. We seek enthusiastic individuals who are excited about transforming the way we utilize technology in our industry. Technical expertise and creativity is the key to ensuring that we build the best technology solutions resulting in a superior experience for our customers and employees. The Manager, Software Development (Sales and Marketing) plays a key role in delivering enhancements and integrations to our Salesforce.com Sales Cloud platform, and supporting applications, that are essential for managing our customer relationships throughout their entire lifecycle. The Manager, Software Development (Sales and Marketing) manages staff that develops, supports, and maintains our enterprise CRM, CPQ and Marketing platform serving over 2,000 Sales members. In addition to managing the team, the Manager, Software Development (Sales and Marketing) directly participates in defining solutions for difficult business problems with various stakeholder groups, leads major development projects, and collaborates with other application development and shared service development teams. The Manager, Software Development (Sales and Marketing) also shares responsibility for the evolution of the technology portfolio needed to enable operational excellence for our Sales, Revenue and Marketing teams. The needs of our customers are very dynamic, and the portfolio must be continuously evaluated and modified to meets the needs of our customer and internal business partners.
- Manages competing priorities, workloads and activities to achieve multiple project objectives and ensures information systems are defect free and meet end-user requirements.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors and key systems users.
- Stays current on software development techniques and drives improvements in support of application development efforts.
- Participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Plans and manages budgets, forecasts, projects and associated staffing requirements.
- Ensures that service delivery meets agreed to service levels. Diagnoses service delivery problems to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Develops strong relationships with key vendors providing components of the department’s services.
- Responsible for the hiring, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and performance management of employees.
- Fosters collaborative cross-functional partnerships across technology and business teams to ensure project goals are consistently met.
- Actively leads the evolution of the Sales and Marketing components of the Information Technology departments’ 5-year plan.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 3 years of experience of managing Salesforce.com Sales Cloud development teams.
- Experience managing multiple teams comprised of offshore, nearshore, and local members.
- Experience managing systems in a hybrid environment of Premise and SaaS
- Experience supporting complex systems with significant integration points and external Third Party systems through APIs.
- Thorough understanding and proven delivery experience with both traditional and Agile (Scrum/Kanban) project methodologies.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Rally and Confluence.
- Experience with change management, incident management, and root cause analysis.
- Experience with CPQ systems (e.g. Oracle Big Machines).
- Experience with marketing packages (e.g. ExactTarget and Pardot).
- Experience working with lead/data suppliers such as Avention (OneSource) and Data.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or 3 years’ experience managing large scale, multi-system projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing teams through all phases of the technology lifecycle from initial deployment through retirement.