We are looking for a Senior Software Development Manager to join our leadership team. The team is developing the next generation of cutting-edge campus and branch networking product. This position provides the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to steer the architecture and build the foundations for this product family. Be part of a fast-paced team and learn how to build solutions that make a difference.
• Very strong background in managing and implementing networking products
• Strong architecture first principles that can build lasting products
• Strategic thinking
• Prior background in networking is considered advantageous.
Our Requirements For This Role Are
• Relevant industry experience of 12 or more years with 5 or more as a manager.
• Minimum education at BS or MS level in Computer Science or related fields.
• Proven record of C/C++/Python programming, contributing to released software.
• Solid grasp of computer science concepts including data structures, object-oriented design, distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms.
• You have a clear product vision and strategic thinking
• You can learn and grasp industry wide developments and pick the right ones to incorporate in Cisco products
• You know how to reconcile contradictory requirements - work well with PLM
• You know how to communicate in a way that everyone understands
• You take delight in mentoring promising newbies
• You stand up for your people
• You give credit where credit is due
• You take risks when appropriate
• You create an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation
• You know how to spot amazing people
• You know when to get out of the way
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who are ready to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.