Job Req #:
: Manager of Application Development (MS Dynamics)Location:
Concorde, NCJob Type
: FTE/Direct Hire Key Responsibilities:
My client is looking for a full time, hands-on, Application Development and Support Manager. This individual will be responsible for leading teams in the planning, development, implementation and support of strategic and operational objectives. The Manager will provide ERP (Dynamics 365) application implementation and support as well as building the framework for integrating enterprise applications with the ERP. The Manager is responsible for taking prioritization as well as business expectations and translating that information into work assignments or commitments. The Manager is also responsible for the management of resource capacity, issue resolution, risk assessment, performance management, as well as quality and delivery assurance. The Manager will work to build and maintain effective teams committed to supporting end-users, customer and employee satisfaction. This is a technical leadership role, so the manager is expected to directly assist the team with requests and developmental activities, as necessary.
* Support all aspects of the ERP system and identify areas for improvement to obtain full system utilization.
* Perform as a senior developer for the delivery of Dynamics 365 configuration, custom assembly development, integration code and data migration scripts
* Perform architecture, design and development of full-lifecycle development efforts which are based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 / CRM, Canvas or Model Driven frameworks
* Lead the development of user stories, use cases and design artifacts to effectively convey requirements to both client stakeholders and development teams
* Recommends solutions and develops alternatives, proactively communicates design and technical discussions, and assists in the decision-making process.
* Work with end users to resolve all ERP system related issues efficiently and effectively.
Provide expert advice and support to other departments in all ERP and related applications.
* Partner with ERP solution provider to further develop capabilities of the system to better suit the business needs of the company.
* Analyze and design system specifications for integrating all business processes into a single company-wide business system.
* Apply solid project management processes within the IT department to ensure effective and timely solution delivery.
* Assist IT leadership with coordinating resources, project schedules, and communications for systems development projects.
* Define, plan, and implement the goals and milestones associated with all applications development or systems implementation projects.
* Prepare the documentation, testing and implementation of ERP and related application software.
* Support IT function within agreed operating and capital budget constraints.
* Maintain a productive and collaborative relationship with key system support vendors.
* Work as a liaison between the IT department and other departments to deliver exceptional systems support.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field (or equivalent work experience) is required
* 3+ years of experience managing and leading teams with a demonstrated expertise in navigating through cross-functional organizations.
* Minimum of five years' experience in all aspects of ERP systems and implementation
* Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Dynamics 365, Power Platform Functional areas, and Common Data Model including 2+ years of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online
* 5-8 years of experience in software design/development, application architecture, data management/governance, business intelligence, project management, software integration and business process analysis
* Experience with Microsoft Power BI business intelligence platform
* Experience with extract, transform, load (ETL) tools or utilities (e.g. Boomi, Data
Integrator, SSIS, NiFi)
* Experience with web servers, web services, portals and reporting tools
* Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of business intelligence fundamentals and advanced concepts, methodologies, and best practices
* Experience with testing methods and tools; win/load runner, TFS, Azure DevOps
* Experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
* Experience in modern engineering practices such as Micro services and Cloud engineering
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
* Demonstrated experience leading and mentoring others with effective team building skills
* Ability to identify opportunities for improvement, and to prioritize own work and meet deadlines
* Occasional travel may be required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
If this is not a fit for you, or you are not interested, Ascent offers an excellent referral bonus. We look forward to hearing from you!
Account Lead/Senior Technical Recruiter
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic consulting and workforce management solutions. We work in the Life Sciences, Technology, and Business Professional talent categories, and meet the needs of mid- market and large Enterprise clients. With nearly 6 million professionals in our network, you will have access to an abundance of opportunities and resources to assist you in career development. Our promise is to listen, connect, and deliver value while building a dynamic and valuable human network. Don t wait, join our network today!