Manager of Data Analytics and Supply
This well-established, Dallas-based company is seeking to hire the Manager of Analytics and Supply. The manager is responsible for the management of data and analytics in the Supply and Services department and associated risk management and mitigation in support of the overall risk management objectives of the company.
- Responsible for the management, oversight of administration and communication of supply hedging activities to ensure accurate ordering and purchase of hedges (i.e. Calls, Puts, Collars, Swaps, Futures, Physical, etc.).
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating risk within the Supply and Services department including risk associated with hedging implementation, PBR programs, and capacity and storage procurement.
- Works with all areas within Supply and Services to identify, design and implement process controls to mitigate risk.
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of financial hedging markets and regulatory requirements to meet Company’s supply risk management objectives and the overall risk management objectives of the company.
- Oversees Company’s financial hedging processes and procedures. Creates documentation to incorporate evolving regulatory, financial reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley management oversight issues.
- Responsible for providing information and narrative descriptions regarding Company’s financial hedging information in the annual report and for all interim financial reporting, as required.
- Manages, coordinates, provides leadership to and reviews the work of staff employees. Develops staffing plans to ensure availability of human capital necessary to accomplish planned business results. Selects, develops, trains, motivates and evaluates the performance of assigned employees.
- Is assigned problems to resolve that are usually defined by higher-level leadership. Problems are difficult, and solutions require extensive analysis and investigation.
- Responsible for the oversight of the preparation of all supply hedging reports i.e.: Management and Board reports, regulatory reports, auditor reports and various business units. Communicates reports with all levels of management and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for a variety of data mining, data analysis methods using a variety of data tools to build and implement applications, visualizations (through Tableau) and other tools to capture and manipulate data.
- Oversees utilization of computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Significant knowledge of database concepts and data visualization techniques to extract, cleanse and manipulate data from multiple operational systems and data repositories.
- Use data analytics tools to build new dashboards, reports and any ad-hoc requests. Participates in decisions concerning data collections, reporting methodology and data analysis.
- Master's degree in business, economics, data management, statistics or a related field and four+ years related experience; or
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, data management, statistics or a related field and five+ years related experience
- Experience needed includes: Supervisory/leadership background, technical experience/knowledge of data analytics as well as ideally a background in hedging activities, processes and procedures.
- Pluses include experience in: technical data analytics (Tableau, R, Python, SQL, etc.), risk management, and/or utility or energy-related supply markets.
This is a direct-hire, full-time, onsite position in the central Dallas corporate offices. Candidates should be local to the DFW Metroplex or willing to permanently relocate to the area. Excellent benefits and compensation plan provided.