The Manager of ETL/SQL Developer is responsible for the design, development, documentation, and maintenance of data integration processes required for enterprise solutions. This position is a manager level position leading a team of Associates and contractors/consultants responsible for the development and maintenance of ETL processes. This is a hands on technical position reporting directly to the Senior Director of Application Development.
- Lead a team providing complete life-cycle in designing, developing, implementing and supporting sophisticated data transformation processes.
- Manager of SQL and Informatica development team members matrixed into multiple projects.
- Provide solution/code review or be responsible for that the review process was completed.
- Proactively analyze and identify problem areas and plan/implement steps for process improvement.
- Work with the technical architect, data architect and database administrator to understand current data storage constraints and define to-be needs with growth allocation
- Manage project delivery in conjunction with project PMs.
- Provide clear and concise status updates to manager on a regular basis
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School degree required. Bachelor s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience at Enterprise-level ETL development using Informatica Power center or Microsoft SQL Server
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a SQL/ETL development team or software development with heavy emphasis on SQL/ETL data transformation.
- Exposure to OLAP, OLTP, Data warehouse, Data mart development, Fact and Dimensional DB designs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SQL ,PL/SQL and Relational Databases (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Cloud based ETL experience would be a strong plus
- Experience in Homebuilding industry a strong plus
- Experience in writing complex queries, Stored Procedures.
- Familiarity with performance tuning of sources, mappings, targets and sessions.
- Strong professional consulting skills and ability to communicate well at all organizational levels
- Experience in high data volume environments.
- Knowledge of other ETL tools (e.g. SAP Business Objects Data Services/Data Integrator, Oracle Data Integrator, or Data Stage) is preferred
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as: SAP BusinessObjects, Microsoft BI Stack, IBM Cognos, Oracle OBIEE or Microstrategy is preferred
- Experience at working as a leader and collaborator in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through organizational dynamics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and operational skill sets
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products strong analytics skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong Customer service skills and focus required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Tenacious, driven, energetic and a high degree of professional integrity.
- Ability to test hypotheses from raw data sets and draw meaningful conclusions
- Expertise in analytics and data analysis, report general tools and relational databases
- Deep knowledge of information management and data governance best practices
- Understanding of standard data architecture
- Minimum U.S. or foreign equivalent bachelor s degree required.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.