Manager of Financial Reporting
The Plymouth Rock Group of Companies writes or manages over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner s insurance throughout the Northeast, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry.
As we grow, we continue to seek out passionate, driven professionals who share our values people looking to bring their insight and abilities to an organization that appreciates intelligence, integrity, and the pursuit of excellence.
The Plymouth Rock Group of Companies employs 1,790 people with offices in both Boston, MA and Woodbridge, NJ. All of Plymouth Rock s insurance company hold an A.M. Best rating of A-/Excellent.
We seek an accounting leader with insurance industry experience. The Accounting Manager will report to the company s Chief Accountant and will be responsible for the preparation and distribution of internal and external financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Specific responsibilities under management would include but are not limited to:
- Staying abreast of emerging accounting standards, analyzing the potential impact on Plymouth Rock s accounting and financial reporting, recommending an adoption strategy if latitude exists, and implementing adherence to new standards in advance of the effective date;
- Managing the relationship with the independent audit firm, including the annual audit cycle from the execution of the engagement letter in August through the completion of the statutory audited financial statements in April;
- Managing the GAAP financial reporting cycle, including:
- Insurance and non-insurance entity monthly GAAP close schedule and reporting;
- Development of monthly account fluctuation analyses and quarterly Audit Committee financial presentations;
- The Plymouth Rock Company s GAAP consolidated quarterly board reporting and annual report; and
- Insurance company monthly GAAP close schedule
- Compliance with the NAIC Model Audit Rule requirements for ensuring appropriate internal controls over financial reporting; and
- Leading the accounting for acquisitions, applying the appropriate business combination or asset purchase accounting guidance in coordination with the independent audit firm
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or finance
- CPA certification with at least 4 years of experience and a heavy exposure to financial reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex accounting topics to Chief Accountant and CFO.
- Excellent project management and organization skills, as well as attention to detail.