Up to $20,000 available in sign-on for external candidates. Bonus based on years of recent HIT experience. For additional information, reach out to Vybhava Vijayabhaskar at
The Manager, Procedural Applications, under the direction of the Director, HIT Procedural & Ancillary Systems, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned applications/systems across the health system, along with coordination across the myriad of systems used to support the assigned business lines. The Manager drives the detailed planning, execution and direction for the assigned system teams and responds to escalated issues and risks in a timely and appropriate manner. This individual provides an additional level of coordination and communication, overseeing the implementation and support of the systems assigned and is involved in making decisions that influence the ongoing stability and enhancement of the systems. The Manager will have primary oversight and responsibility for management of Team Leads and Analysts, and will be responsible for coordinating on an ongoing basis with the additional application teams to promote integration. The Manager is responsible for maintaining excellent customer relationships with the end users of the assigned systems, working with them to define their requirements, and supporting their use of the application toolsets on a day to day basis. The Manager is a member of the Director of Procedural & Ancillary Systems management team, and is expected to fully participate in and contribute to enterprise and internal HIT initiatives.
- In order to provide input, oversight, and validation of the system design, the Manager must maintain strong operational knowledge and understanding of the University of Virginia Medical Center's current processes and system capabilities.
- To address the challenges of meeting both the needs of functional and information technology stakeholders, the Manager must demonstrate strong Analytical Abilities and Commitment to effectively own and oversee the systems that support their Operational area.
- Able to employ Leadership and Governance to drive the strategic direction, plans and policies, effective oversight, regulation, motivation, and partnerships that will integrate the areas clinical and business support systems.
- Effectively provide consultation and engage key stakeholders as sponsor, champion, and driver of technology initiatives to meet business needs.
- As a liaison between senior HIT leaders other HIT managers, and external operational users and advisory groups, it is critical that the Manager demonstrate effective Communication.
- Demonstrate a record of successful project management and support to coordinate, communicate, and oversee project-specific implementations and day-today operational changes of clinical and business support systems at UVaHS.
- Direct and lead planning efforts for the implementation of new applications, upgrades, optimization programs, and system changes adhering to Health IT change management standard work. Develops staff utilization plans to ensure adequate level/mix of human resources to execute plans and achieve required outcomes.
- Monitors progress towards the achievement of goals at regular intervals and takes action, as required.
- Responsible for daily operations of the analysts, engineers, and specialists on the Health IT (HIT) Perioperative and Cardiology to include work assignments, time tracking, human resources, recruiting and retention.
- Performs quality management responsibilities to include coaching staff to ensure that continuous quality improvement initiatives are incorporated into day-to-day activities.
- Establish standard systems support and change management frameworks that build on existing processes.
- Performs cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $109,116.80 - $174,595.20 Annual
- Required to work on-site in Charlottesville, VA.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. Project Management experience a plus.
- Experience: 5 years of progressively more experience managing the use of data and information technology, preferably in a healthcare or technology-related environment.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.